C37- Last Chance

Rose POV

"Noona..." My head bolted upright when I heard Yoongi's voice. I stared at him not knowing what to do. Why is he back? What's he going to think about this? What's going to happen now?

I quickly stuffed the sheep into the corner of the couch and struggled to untangle the necklace from my hand. I finally managed to get it off. I stood up and wiped at the tears I knew I couldn't hide.

"Why—why are you crying?" Why did he have to sound so concerned?

"What are you doing here? I heard you leave." Yoongi took a step towards me, his eyes never leaving mine, and I couldn't look away.

"Why are you crying?" He took another step towards me. It was like I had no control over my body, I still couldn't move. "Are you that sick? Are you in pain?" Yes. I am, but not for the reason you're suggesting. The spell finally broke and I was able to move.

"I was in pain. But don't worry about it, I took the medicine."

"Liar." He took another step. He was almost to the couch now. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying anymore. So please, just leave."

Another step. Now he was only a step away from me. "Just because the tears aren't falling doesn't mean you're not crying." I felt my chest tighten again. The sound of his soothing voice... The way he spoke so lovingly... it was killing me. I felt the tears start to fall again. "See?" Another step. He was right in front of me. His hand reached up and held my face, his thumb wiping away the trail of the tears. My eyes fluttered close. I'd waited so long to feel something like this and I couldn't help the sigh that escaped my lips.

"Please tell me..." Yoongi's voice sounded so desperate.

"I—" I cut myself off and opened my eyes. I didn't want to lie to him anymore, but I couldn't tell the truth. I saw his gaze travel down to the couch. Yoongi leaned forward and I took a step back. He reached down and grabbed the items I'd been holding.

"I didn't know you still had this," Yoongi's voice cracked. "It was just some stupid doll. I didn't think..." He turned his attention to the necklace. I could see the tears welling up in his eyes. Why? "Did it help?"

I was confused for a second until I figured out he was talking about the dreamcatcher itself. "For a time," I answered. It's now or never. Last chance. "When... When my good luck charm was there too." He looked up at me. His eyes looked... hopeful?

"This isn't your good luck charm?" He looked mixed between disappointment and hope.

"No, that's my dreamcatcher." I grasped the fingers of the hand holding the necklace. "This... you... you're my—" I took in a deep breath, "You are my g-good luck charm." And then it was silent. I watched as the thoughts raced through his head. He was probably thinking of a way to reject me without hurting me. "N-Never mind. I didn't expect—I mean—just pretend I didn't say anything." I grabbed at the necklace and doll.