C31- Too Late

Warning: Mild language

*****************************************

Narrator POV

On Tuesday, it was Rose's turn to play matchmaker. While she was at work, she confirmed that Nina was at home and messaged Jin to let him know. She had spent the last few days convincing Nina to give Jin a chance, should he ever ask. She crossed her fingers and hoped for the best.

When Jin received Rose's text, his palms automatically started sweating. He kept telling himself Don't worry. Calm down. She likes you. It wasn't helping calm his nerves very much though. He called a flower shop by the dorm. He had called them a couple days ago to see if they kept Nina's favorite flowers in stock, hydrangeas. They had said that they normally did. So today, he called them to let them know that he wanted to place an order and that he would be in soon to have them make the bouquet.

Before leaving, he quickly double-checked his outfit and fixed his hair. Putting on his mask and sunglasses, he snuck out of the dorm. Once he got to the flower shop he asked one of the girls to help him put together a bouquet. It was a pretty, but simple arrangement in colors of pink, purple, and white. Jin had noticed at the amusement park that Nina seemed to like simple but pretty things. All of the jewelry and accessories he saw that caught her eye were small and pretty; not too much sparkle, but enough that it caught the eye.

Once the bouquet was wrapped prettily and paid for, Jin was back on his way to confess. During the entire drive he felt his heart pounding in his chest. He'd never been so nervous, not even the first time he had performed. He just kept telling himself over and over that she already liked him and that that meant half the battle was already over.

When Jin finally pulled up to the house he allowed himself another minute to gather his wits. He checked himself in the mirror one more time before stepping out. He double checked his button-up and slacks to make sure they looked nice. He didn't want to go overboard so he had opted to not wear a tie, but he still wanted to make a good impression. He wanted Nina to know that he was taking this very seriously. With one last nervous sigh, he walked to the door. Jin put the flowers behind his back and knocked.

"Just a sec!" he heard Nina call. A couple seconds later, the door opened. Once again, she took his breath away. She wasn't wearing anything special, just the kind of clothes that anyone would wear when lounging around in their house, but she still looked so beautiful to him. When Nina saw it was him, a broad smile broke out on her face. When she realized that, she quickly recovered, her face settling in to a more normal level of happy. But her pink cheeks gave her away.

"Hi, Jin. Wh-what are you doing here?" Jin noticed how much her Korean was improving in such a short time. He wondered if (and hoped that) it had something to do with him.