C36- Sick and Tired

Yoongi POV

What if I'm wrong? What if I didn't see what I thought I saw? What if it's all just wishful thinking? But then... why did she leave like that? I hurried out of the building and jogged in the direction of Rose's house. Fortunately, the party was at a building close to both the dorm and Rose's house, maybe half an hour either way. There were a couple paths she could've taken home. If she was really sick, she would've taken the most direct path home, but if she was trying to clear her mind, she would've taken a more... scenic route. I stood at the crossroads: one path was all streets that would lead to her house, the other path curved off and led to a large park before reaching her house.

I decided to take a chance and took the path towards the park. By the time I reached the edge of the park, I still hadn't seen Rose. Either I hadn't caught up to her yet or she had taken the other path. I continued through the park. I was halfway through when I saw a shadow of a person just leaving the park and turning right. Was it her? I picked up my speed. When I reached the exit, I couldn't see the person anymore. I turned right. Hoping it was Rose, I followed my GPS through a neighborhood to her house. Right when I reached the end of her street, I saw her walking down the walkway to her house. She reached the door and, with the light of the porchlight, I saw her start digging through her purse. She must be looking for her keys.

I walked down the street, trying to give myself time to catch my breath and gather my thoughts. Just a house away, I saw her lean against the door and slide down to the floor, head in her hands.

"Noona," I called quietly. Rose's head raised up as she searched for the voice. I couldn't help but smile at the cute, confused expression on her face. When she finally saw me, she stood up, clutching her purse tightly.

"Y-Yoongi-ah." The sound of her voice sent small butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I walked to the porch.

"I was looking for you at the party," I said trying to steady my voice. The small amount of hope I had had washed away what little anger was left and replaced it with uncertainty and fearful anticipation.

"So you followed me home? Why—no, how did you know I even left?" Rose fidgeted nervously, fingers playing with the few tassels on her purse.

"I ran into Namjoon and he told me." My attention flickered back and forth between her eyes that refused to meet mine and her fingers that were still pulling on her purse. The look that passed on her face told me that she wasn't happy with what I told her. I felt the hope beginning to trickle away.

"But... why did you follow me?" Her fidgeting became more prominent.

"Namjoon said you weren't feeling well. I wanted to make sure you were okay."