twelve

I impulsively pressed a hand to my ear to shut my earpiece off before saying anything. "W-What the hell are you doing here?!"

Katsuki growled in reply. "I could ask you the same damn thing!"

"I-I.." I found myself at a lost for excuses and ended up sighing to myself in disappointment. "I'm so sorry Katsuki.. I just wanted some time alone to think and I didn't really want to ruin our date- its just.. I'm really sorry."

"You should've just told me to my face that you weren't interested. I could take a fucking hint, Ayaka."

"T-That's not it! I really wanna take dating lessons from you but the thing is, now's not a good time."

His right eye twitched in annoyance as he looked away. "D-Dating lessons?!"

"Isn't that why you asked me out- to teach me how to date? I even looked up some stuff about it just so I was prepared."

"You're.. fucking hopeless."

I tilted my head to the side, clearly too dumb to comprehend the situation I'm in.

At the corner of my eye, I caught a few men in black looking around and talking to a mic connected to an earpiece, but no sight of Ryuzaki and the girl.

Shit.

Katsuki's nose twitched as he furrowed his brows at me. "Were you smoking?"

"S-Smoking? No! That was the smoked barbeque I had a while ago." Yeah, let's go with that.

He rolled his eyes at me then grabbed my hand and started dragging me off the dock. "Great, now you're gonna treat me to barbeque." He said. "You owe me that much for bailing on me."

I was left with nothing to do but let him drag me away.

~

Thank goodness there's an actual barbeque stand not far from the docks!

I mentally sighed in relief and walked beside Katsuki as he ate two sticks of barbeque in one go.

He must really be hungry.

I lowered my head when I saw Ryuzaki pass by us with little Rose holding his hand.

She wore a notable frown across her face which caused a pang in my chest.

I'll save you, Rose. Don't you worry.

"This is where I was supposed to take you for our date." Katsuki said out of the blue, diverting my attention. "Well that's my excuse, let's hear yours."

I blinked. "O-Oh right! I went here because I like the mint cotton candy they sell."

He scoffed at my sincere answer. "I don't like sweets, they taste like diabetes."

"Well then, what do you like?"

"For starters, I like spicy food and also mountain-climbing."

"Hey, my family has this resting lodge up Mt. Fuji. We used to visit that place a lot but ever since father got too busy with work, we stopped. I was thinking maybe you can come there with me sometime."

It just came to me that I asked a guy out on a date for the first time without sounding like a retarded seal.

Katsuki on the other hand was shook. "Y-Yeah, sure.."

I can tell Kenji's trying to get through with me by hacking into his own device when my earpiece started creating static, giving me less time to think of some way to get this done without being caught by one of UA's top ranking students.