thirty one

I'm not gonna lie, its kinda weird that Kirishima's here. After all we didn't really end things on good terms, and now I find myself still in the exact same position, but with Katsuki this time.

From the kitchen, I came back to the living room with a plate of blueberry cheesecake and coffee for the redhead.

Kirishima was sitting down on the couch as he stared at the blank tv screen. His whole posture was tense, and I honestly couldn't blame him. This is the first time we've seen each other since the sports festival- I'd be in shock if he wasn't reacting the way he is now.

I sat down on the other end of the couch and crossed my legs underneath me.

"So.. how've you been?" He decided to start.

"Great, actually." I nodded. "You?"

"I'm good. I just got back from a mission in Tokyo with a murder case- it was a pretty stressful weekend for me but I finished the job. Didn't catch the criminal though."

My siblings just got back from Tokyo.

"So how exactly did you finish the job if no one was apprehended?" I asked curiously.

The redhead picked up the coffee mug from the table and took a sip. "At first we were at a loss. Clues led to dead ends- homemade bullets, easy accessible dupli keys and a murder weapon which belonged to the late Hero Killer."

The last part made it difficult for me not to give away anything, but I put up a practiced front that even Altair couldn't see through.

"It was a hopeless case, we thought, but then we received a tip from an untraceable anonymous. So we're basically down to our last three suspects." There was a look in his eyes that I didn't like as he kept eye contact with me while drinking. "Anywho, I see you've been busy."

I looked down and noticed my bandages peeking through my sleeves. "Not busy enough."

He chuckled at that. "Nice glasses by the way."

"I prefer contacts. Unfortunately, I only have one last pair left and I'd rather use it for the party. Don't wanna be seen with these big-ass glasses in a pretty little dress."

"I like girls with big glasses. I think they're cute."

"Nice try, but I'm not falling for that anymore. Rather, ever. I guess."

The boy laughed nervously. "I'm sorry, am I making things awkward?"

"Not at all. If anything, I missed this." I admitted. "You were the first friend I made ever since I came to UA, and if by some chance, you could've even been my boyfriend. But things are a lot more complicated now, that's why its a big relief for you to be here. I actually find my sanity in talking to you.. well, at least I used to talk to you. Now I'm all crazy- did you know I went to a thug den last night and got into a fight for like eight freakin' times in a row with men almost twice my size and won?"

"Holy shit.. what the hell were you doing?"

"Losing my edge, apparently. Can't believe I lost to that Camie girl."

Kirishima was surprised at the mention of her name as he set the mug down and draped his arm across the back rest. "So let me get this straight- you went up against Utsushimi, a third year of our school's rival, and eight other assholes whose names I should be taking down for doing a number on your pretty little face, all in one night, just because we stopped talking?"

"Sure, let's go with that excuse." I shrugged. "I mean I don't know, I guess I missed a lot of things. To tell you the truth, when daddy dearest oh-so generously handed me the company, I felt like everything was gonna change for the worst. And I thought that, since everything was going to shit, why not see how further I can take it? Hence, this." Then gestured to myself entirely.