fourteen

It took me a while to ask around a few people for directions until I finally found the Mirror Maze place. Though I couldn't find Katsuki at the entrance so he must already be inside.

I walked up to the tent and pushed the curtain doors open to see a ridiculously complex maze laid out using only mirrors.

How the hell am I supposed to find him here?!

I sighed to myself and began an unlikely adventure of finding that shithead.

There were so many twists and turns I could barely identify which way is which and ended up bumping my head against a few mirrors.

I rubbed my swollen temple and cried until I caught a glimpse of myself on the mirror in front of me.

I've been so distracted with finding Katsuki in this trippy labyrinth, I didn't even get the chance to look at my reflection.

"Look sweetie! We have the same eyes."

I pressed my fingertips on the mirror and remembered the times whenever my mom and I used to look at it together and see our similarities.

The nostalgia makes me sick to my stomach.

My train of thoughts was brought to a stop when I saw Katsuki's reflection standing behind me.

I smiled then turned around. "Hey-" But he wasn't there. "What the.."

"Over here." His voice was coming from every direction I had no idea where to look. "Come on, I wanna show you something."

"S-Sure, but where are you?"

"You're smart aren't you? Figure it out."

His reflection went left so I assumed and walked in the same direction, only to curse at myself for bumping into another mirror.

And that asshole of a sophomore found it hilarious.

I ignored him and this time I kept both of my hands out in front of me to make sure I'm not gonna run into another mirror.

Another Katsuki reflection walked past me and I tried to run after him while carefully touching each of the mirror's flat surface.

"Keep up with me, will ya?"

"Its not as easy as you make it look- how do you know this maze so well anyway? Have you been here before?"

He shrugged then disappeared from my view. "Back when I was a little runt, I ran away from home and ended up here."

I walked into a hall and looked around. "I can imagine you doing something that stupid."

"Yeah I was pretty dumb as a kid, and my quirk manifested early at the time so I got a little cocky."

"What happened?"

"Deku happened." His tone made it seem like he wasn't interested in the topic anymore so he was quick to disregard it. "But unlike you, I'm a natural at everything, so I learned every twist and turn of this maze after getting through the whole thing without hitting my head against a mirror."

"How humble of you." Note the sarcasm.

I wanted to know the whole story of why he and Izuku don't get along well despite being childhood friends, but I didn't want to pry.

Instead, I just went with what he had in mind. "So are you gonna help me out here or not?"

"I don't even know where the fuck you are- how am I supposed to help you?"