twenty nine

| i'm really sorry.

so the first part of the last chapter (twenty eight) had a foreshadowing of a fight between Ayaka and Camie in some kind of virtual world, but then i figured changing that would make a lot more sense. it was supposed to be a vr fight in the museum but i guess the idea was dumb considering the plot i'm cooking up. so here's the real deal, guys.

I hope you like this one. |

"Oh my god!" I snorted, almost spewing out my drink. "And he couldn't even save one victim during the test?"

"Nope. Bakugou's good for combat, but he most likely cannot save anyone for shit."

Now that I think about it, Katsuki's never saved me from a bad situation before. I mean sure I'm not that prone to danger but it's kinda weird.

Todoroki looked down on the tea in his hands and smiled. "This is the first time I actually heard you laugh."

I shrugged. "Yeah I guess whenever we bump into each other it's always when I'm upset about something."

The two of us have been sitting on the stairs near the museum's entrance for the past hour now.

Frankly we've been doing nothing but talk, and it's a great way to pass the time when you're still pissed about the guy you like fawning over some older and bustier girl.

To hell with them both.

Turns out it was the coffee shop across the street he wanted to show me and not some crazy exhibit like I expected- and really, who was I to complain?

Its as if he knew exactly how to calm me down.

Honestly, I'd rather be anywhere else other than with those two back in the museum.

"So, what's the 4-1-1 with you and Momo?"

"What about Yaoyorozu?"

I nudged his shoulder to tease. "I heard both your families are getting along well. I smell an engagement coming along."

"That's funny, I heard the same thing about you." He laughed softly. "Anyway, the Fundraising Gala's tomorrow evening. Altair said it would also be the day of your debut as the new head of the family."

So much for not drawing any attention to myself, I suppose. Well since Kenji picked out my dress, it was for certain, but now that the founder of the leading weapons industry in the whole world is gonna be addressing me in front of everyone tomorrow night, that pretty little number seems to be the least of my worries.

I sighed, finishing up my hazelnut coffee. "You know what? Before I'm settled for the rest of my life, I think we should do something crazy."

"Of what sorts?"

"I don't know- but I think I wanna get into a fight. Something to get the heart pumping and the blooding running."

His eyes widened in shock of my suggestion. "That is.. a bit extreme for a woman of your caliber. I'm more worried for your opponent, truth be told."

I pushed myself up on my feet and stretched my arms out. "It sounds fun though. Like a bachelorette party but with a little twist."

"As long as it doesn't involve breaking the law, I guess."

Oh you are in for a rude awakening.

I let Todoroki drink his tea first before calling my driver to pick us up. He arrived no later than five minutes.