thirty seven

It was a regular old monday for us again at UA High School.

The collaborative project with the heroics and support department came to an end after a short announcement of it in the general assembly, and I gotta say, I'm relieved that I'm still with Katsuki not just because of work.

Speak of the devil, I haven't seen that short-tempered brawl-junkie all day.

I went around campus during recess but there was just no sign of him. He didn't inform his teachers and wasn't answering any of my calls either so it got to a point where I had to take some drastic measures.

Like, per se, stand in front of 2-A's gigantic door.

Its not like these people are onto me or anything, its just that I'm not sure if Kirishima's been blabbering about what he knows to the whole class.

What if Izuku believes it and is already suspicious? I mean I did threaten Shouto, and maybe even scared Uraraka at some point.

I guess the only person I really trust behind this door is Katsuki, whose whereabouts just happen to be unknown at the moment.

I sighed, and raised a hand to knock- but someone beat me to it and slid the door open before my hand could even make contact. "H-Hey.."

Kirishima blinked at me. "The hell do you want?"

"I.. ugh.. well, you see.. I kinda.." It was like my tongue got caught in my throat from all the stammering. "Jesus Christ- I just need to talk to Izuku. Is he there?"

The redhead rolled his eyes at me, something he never did, then turned to his shoulder. "Midoriya! Someone's at the door for you."

"Thanks."

"We've got training in five. Make it quick." He hit my shoulder as he walked past me, and I wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not but it gave me a quick window to grab him by the arm.

I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. "After your training, if you still have the time, maybe-"

"What makes you think I still wanna be associated with the likes of you?"

"Because you're my friend, Kirishima, and I would never lie to you. If you would just tell me why you think I'm a suspect, then I could explain myself and prove to you that I'm innocent."

"But you're not innocent. That's the whole point."

It took everything in me not to make some smart ass remark about that, and I'm telling you, it wasn't that easy.

Honestly, I don't even know how I'm gonna prove my innocence if he agreed to letting me know the reason. I'm basically just making things up as I go and pray that he buys whatever bull I'm selling.

Kirishima stared me down with a sideways glare before yanking his arm back. "If you really are innocent, you wouldn't mind coming into the station and make a statement." He laughed dryly. "I doubt you'll do it, but if you do, know that I'll be very impressed. Might even change my mind about this whole two-faced charade."

It sounded like a challenge, and I really love those odds. If I voluntarily turn myself in to the Police Department and go on the record, there's no telling how they'll be able to trace the Tokyo Murders and Carnival Pier massacre back to me. But if they can't connect the dots within the next 48 hours then, by law, I'm free to go and my friend-turned-foe over here can shove it up his ass.

"Fine." I flashed him a small smile, not too cocky but just the right amount of cockiness. "But if I'm right and I have nothing to do with those murders whatsoever, I get something in return."