twenty six

~ Katsuki's Point of View ~

Instead of the bashful response that I was expecting, Ayaka nearly collapsed on the ground if it weren't for me catching her just in time.

"Hey, hey! You alright?" I felt her temperature when she leaned her forehead on my neck. "Shit, you're burning up."

Her eyes were half lidded and tired from today's earlier events.

Damn, if I'd known her condition was like this I would've gotten here sooner.

I carried her up on her bed and ran to the bathroom to get a small tub of water and a sponge. "The fights, the rain, the lightning- fuck! No wonder you're sick."

"It's okay, I'll be fine." She tried getting up but I didn't let her.

"Yeah, you pretty much suck at lying." I spat, pulling my sleeves up to my elbows before dipping the sponge into the cold water. "Why didn't you tell anyone you were coming down with a fever?"

She hesitated at first but it didn't take her long to start talking. "I-I didn't want people to worry."

"Great fucking job at that then." I wrung out the sponge and started running it across her flushed face, which earned small protests from her.

I can't believe this bitch would rather suffer than ask anyone for help- and saying she doesn't want people to worry makes no fucking sense now that I'm worried sick for her.

"I swear I'll be fine. Please just go home." She kept persisting for the hundreth time.

"Hey guess what?"

"What?"

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped calmly. "Besides, my folks know I'm here."

Ayaka tried to pull the covers over her body but I yanked it out of the way. "But its cold!"

"That'll keep the heat trapped under the sheets, dummy. Just let me take care of your stubborn ass for once."

"You should be resting too, you know. Aren't you tired? I mean we basically went through the same shit today."

"I'm used to it, but you're not."

No support dept student, not even a prodigy, has ever been through such an intensive training to last that long in a fight, not to mention she faced her own brother off in the final match.

Sounds to me like they're more capable than they lead on, which is pretty interesting considering the fact that both of them are siblings.

Now that I think about it, isn't the third placer also an adopted Mo?

I snapped out of my thoughts when Ayaka sneezed like a child. "Ah, this won't do."

"W-What..?"

I soaked the sponge and wrung it out again. "The fever's not gonna go down unless your body releases enough heat, so take off your shirt."

She rolled her eyes in response. "Yeah like that's gonna happen."

"Do you want to get better or not?"

The midget turned away and pulled the covers on her, not even bothering to give me an answer.

"Have it your way then." I got up from the bed and took my shirt off then climbed on top of her. "Well if you don't want a sponge bath, then you'll just have to sweat it out."

"Sweat what-" She moved the sheets a bit to see what I'm up to and went red all over. "Oh my god!"

I leaned forward and kissed her where her lips should be under the white cloth. "Don't make me go any lower."