eighteen

| Avatar: The Last Airbender inspired Ayaka's quirk; anything she can see, she can control- and that includes elements|

My heart pounded against my chest as I ran through the woods. I took every twist and turn that I could in order to get away but not a second later, he was already o my tail.

Damn, he's fast.

I spread my arms out wide and pulled them in, making every tree in sight crash against each other and act as barrier to keep the distance between us.

I bolted in another direction and slid down the steep riverbank.

Just when I thought I had the chance to catch my breath, Izuku appeared ricocheting from tree to tree with ease until he reached me.

I glided my hand down the river and managed to counter his kick with a shield made of water, though the impact was enough to push me into the river. I quickly got back to my feet and used the water to surround me as I gathered my bearings trying to find the green haired sophomore.

"That's good. Visualize, then take advantage of your surroundings." He praised me, his tone ragged from chasing me all afternoon.

Izuku was nice enough to cut classes just so he could train me. I know its not the best plan but we're both gonna be busy in a few days for the Gala, who knows when's the next time we get a chance like this again.

I took the opportunity to follow his voice but I was too late when I realized that he was right behind and landed a solid kick to my side.

I forced myself back up and pushed my drenched hair away from my face.

"S-Sorry, did that hurt?"

"Its alright to be lenient, sensei."

"Yeah but the way you're taking it says a lot about how you trained before. Its fine to say stop- don't torture yourself, okay?"

It was cute how concerned Izuku was about me despite the situation. He still thinks about my well being even though he's supposed to be strict with me.

"I'm fine. Besides, what's the point of training without taking any risks?" I assured him, forming lines of water on both of my sides. "By the way, I learned a trick yesterday. And I want you to be the first to see it."

"Game on."

I smirked, digging my nails into my palm to turn the water into ice shards, then launched them all in his direction.

Izuku managed to dodge by punching through the air and made the shards fly back to me.

I turned them back into water before they could reach me and pivoted around to throw it back to him. I finally got a clean shot in and took the chance when his back hit a tree and latched water streaks around his wrists and ankles then freezed them to keep him in place.

"Nice one, Ayaka!"

I turned around to see Kenji clapping with a grin plastered on his stupid face. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Midoriya called me earlier and told me to swing by to see how you're doing." He looked over my shoulder to wave at the sophomore. "Sup, man?"

Izuku waved with a pained smile. "Ah y'know, just hanging."

I walked up to the green haired boy and smiled. "So how did I do?"

"Well, judging from how I'm nailed to this tree- you did good."

"Thanks." I snapped my fingers to release him and helped him stand up right. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. But I get the feeling that you two aren't. So what's up with that?"