thirty four

Breathe. Just breathe.

I can't compromise the plan just because I'm pissed at Todoroki. No, I can't let him have that.

The resemblance is uncanny, he said. So a forensic sketch of me has been issued from the Police to the Pros and must be standing by for verification- something I have to make sure they won't get.

I made my way up the stairs and out into one of the balconies for air. I really needed to clear the space or else I'll risk blowing everything over.

Of course, Altair would be protected by his team of lawyers. And being a very influential man himself, it wouldn't be impossible for him to get rid of any case filed against him within the snap of his fingers.

But as for me, I'm all alone on this one. This isn't just the moment of truth for me being the head of the family, its a test. A test that'll determine how far I'm willing to go to clear my name and just how I'm gonna escape from being cornered like an animal.

Think. What would Altair do in a situation like this? Better yet, what would Katsuki?

"You know people are gonna talk if they see you up here all alone."

Speak of the handsome devil.

I gasped in surprise and turned to my shoulder and when I felt his hand on my rear.

How classy.

"They'll talk either way." I whipped around and grabbed the blonde bastard by the collar of his dress shirt, pulling him down to my level with a knowing smirk on my lips. "So let them. I'm not afraid."

He rested his large hands on either side of my hips and leaned closer, his breath warm on my skin. "Keep that up and I swear I won't hold back."

My heart was drumming against my chest as he started to leave soft kisses along my shoulder then up to my neck, slowly making his way up to my jaw.

I let out a silent moan and felt his leg between my weakened knees, keeping me from dropping to the ground. "T-This doesn't mean you're off the hook. I still hate your guts for ditching me on our date for another girl."

Katsuki halted his ministrations and pulled away a little, pressing his temple against mine. "I know that wasn't the ideal date I promised you, and I wanna make up for it."

"How?"

"Semestral break."

"Next week? But I have a family trip-"

"I know. Altair told me to come join you guys."

It's an annual thing for the Mo family to do that type of activity to get away from everything and clear the mind by doing some outdoor sport like hunting or horse back riding, and as far as I know only family members are allowed to join. I guess Katsuki's a special case.

I forced a smile, hoping that he wouldn't see through the cracks. "He said he'd talk to you. So other than that how did it go?"

"It went well. He's actually not that bad."

Easy for you to say. I almost had a nervous breakdown because of him just a few minutes ago.

I simply shook the thought off and kissed the tip of his nose. "Just don't slow us down when we go hunting. Kenji and I tend to get very competitive."

"You didn't even know how to shoot a gun back in the Carnival Pier. What makes you think I'll be the deadweight?"

"Oh, you're so cute when you're riled up. Think you can put your money where your mouth is or are you scared I'll beat you?"