forty one

Friday, 3:00 PM
5 hours before Uraraka's Party

I woke up to see my brother with a wide smile on his face.

"Hey, sleepy head." He tilted his head to the side, giving me a chance to see the wrap around the small cut on his neck. "You okay? You slept through every period today."

"I did?"

"Yeah but don't worry, I got you covered. I wrote down your notes for you."

I thanked him and rubbed my eyes until they adjusted to the yellow-orange sunlight coming through our windows. "I'm sorry. I really didn't get much sleep in the hospital."

What happened last night was a complete train wreck. I barely remember the details but basically after I found them near the stables, I broke up their fight and held onto Kenji who nearly had his throat sliced up.

Katsuki wasn't any different.

I looked over to him to see how much blood was dripping from his arm.

He didn't notice this right away due to the adrenaline high, but after he got off it, he dropped to ground and held his shoulder.

I had to call an ambulance and the paramedics arrived within minutes.

To my relief, their wounds were both shallow and didn't require any serious operations. Kenji was able to escape with a light cut and Katsuki ended up with a bandaged shoulder.

Both got out of that fight alive- that's all that matters.

"I'm gonna swing by the manor real quick to get some stuff. Should I pick you up at your house or do we just meet up at the resort?" My brother asked while I was busy stuffing all of my notebooks into my locker.

It was the start of semestral break the second the dismissal bell rang, which meant no books, no teachers and no school for an entire week. Just a well deserved vacation we're all looking forward to.

But Kenji just had to start it off by getting us invited to a sophomore's party which starts in a few hours.

"You can go on ahead. I'll meet you there."

"Sweet!" He grinned, then laced his arm around mine after I was done. "Now let's get out of here!"

As we walked down the hall, I couldn't help but ask my brother about the events of last night and what led them up to it exactly. From what he told me yesterday, everything started out fine with the lessons until Katsuki brought up Kenji's mother.

I just don't get why Katsuki feels the need to make Kenji see things his way.

"I get why you picked him over Kirishima now."

I raised a brow at him.

"Cause the bastard's a lot like you. He's stubborn and doesn't know when to quit. I tried my best to restrain myself but he just kept telling me to get over my mother's death like it's easy.." Kenji stopped in his tracks and lowered his voice. "I almost killed him, you know. I mean, I could've easily thrown that pick five inches to the right and we'd be attending a funeral instead of a birthday party."

My nails dug into my palm, hard enough to leave a mark.

It wasn't easy to hear these words from my own brother. I know firsthand how he could've just buried Katsuki in the backyard and cleaned his digital footprints so that nothing can be traced back to him. That's how cunning he is.

To know that Kenji could've easily wiped Katsuki off the face of the earth just like that creates a hollow feeling at the pit of my stomach.

"We'll meet him at the party, right? I'll apologize to him then."