thirty eight

I blasted past the manor's doors with my quirk and rushed inside towards the foyer. I was so on edge about the whole situation I almost slipped on the marble floor if it weren't for one of the statues lining the hall catching me by the hand.

"Jesus!" I looked up and saw that I was actually holding hands with a replica of La Pieta. "Ah shit, sorry Jesus."

I ran past the living room but pulled the breaks and turned back when I recognized Ego's back as he oversaw the work of the maids. Before I could even open my mouth, the butler already knew what I was going to ask without even turning around.

"The gentlemen are in the Greenhouse Garden."

"Thank you!" And more running was done that day since the garden was literally on the other side of the building.

I swear this whole place spares no one with weak lungs and hasn't done cardio in a while. I mean when I lived here as a kid I got lost just by looking for the damn bathroom. I didn't bathe for days thanks to that traumatic experience.

When I finally reached the courtyard where the glass building sat, I had to sit down for a second as I struggled to catch my breath.

Since the whole place was made of glass, it wasn't hard to spot me dying outside like a pregnant lady who ran a fucking marathon.

Kenji saw me and excused himself to meet me outside. "You look god awful. What took you so long?"

"A-Are you.. fucking kidding me? I got here 20 minutes after you called! The traffic was an hour and a half so I had to take a faster route!"

"The high road?"

"Yes the fucking high road, you cock." I heaved for air and held a hand up to him. "Just give me a minute, would ya?"

"I mean sure take all the time you need but those two seem to be talking for quite a while now-"

I pushed myself off the ground the second I heard that and dragged my stupid brother along with me. "Okay. Let's go."

When Kenji opened the door, my eyes instantly landed on the ash blonde jackass who didn't bother giving me a single heads up about this.

They were chatting about the garden now, for some reason I would rather not know.

The place, of course, was filled to the brim with different kinds of flowers that lit up every part of the glass it was reflecting on. I fell in love with this place when I was young, that's why it's my favorite place in the whole estate.

In the middle of the spacious garden were two large sofas facing each other with a coffee table in the middle, where my father decided to have a little meeting with my boyfriend.

I was in complete shock when I saw Katsuki laughing.. like deadass chuckling his head off with my father while sitting across from him.

My brother slapped my arm which brought me back to reality. "Go sit with him. I'll be with dad."

Katsuki smiled once he saw me, as if I wasn't gonna murder him after this. "Hey, you're here."

"Yeah and so are you." I tried to make it sound obvious that I was 100% not comfortable with the situation, unfortunately, this one's dense.

"Ayaka, my dear. You never told me Katsuki was such an interesting young man."

Probably because I didn't want his name to be on top of your hit-list, you psycho.

I smiled and nodded, as practiced. "Though I must say, father. This is quite a surprise on my part. I mean I know you two already met back at the Fundraising Gala but this is just unexpected."