nineteen

I was just about done putting on new clothes when the infirmary door flew open to reveal a heavily sweating Kenji who looked like he had no chill.

"Ayaka-"

The ash-blonde sophomore grabbed him from behind before he could even jump at me. "Calm the fuck down, will ya?"

Kenji whipped around and I swear I've never heard him so angry to say these exact words. "Don't fuck with me Bakugou. You don't know shit about who I am so back off!"

"That's enough!" I scolded him, then sighed. "Do you mind waiting outside Katsuki? I need to talk to my brother for a minute, alone."

He looked over to me for some kind of assurance that I know what I'm doing, because he was clearly taken aback by Kenji's sudden outburst.

Its sweet to know Katsuki cared, but getting him involved is the last thing I want.

"You heard her- get lost." My asshole of a brother sneered as he made his way over to me.

I met the sophomore's intimidating red eyes before he went out the door.

"What is the matter with you-"

"I know who did it."

I blinked at what Kenji just blurted out. "Y-You do..?"

He nodded, his eyes fixed on my nose for some reason. "If Principal Nedzu calls you over to his office tomorrow, just say whatever's necessary and I'll handle the rest."

"What do you mean by 'the rest'?" I have a bad feeling about this.

The boy glared dismissively at nothing then pulled out his phone. "Something that's probably gonna get me expelled, unless I get caught, that is."

I grabbed his arm and tried reasoning in attempt to change his mind. "There's no need to do anything drastic. Look, I'm fine and in one piece! That's the end of it."

"The end of it? Can you even hear yourself right now? Someone made an attempt on your life tonight- shouldn't you be more upset than me?"

It took me a few minutes to think about what happened, and replied with a shrug. "I am but, what's the point? I mean I've been through worse if you take our missions into account, its not that something like this is new to me."

"But what if Bakugou didn't get to you in time? What if you died right then and there- what do you think I'll do?" He growled. "What do you think father will do?"

The thought of it dawned on me at that moment.

I remember how father was when Serebryakov died, and it wasn't a sight that I'd like to reminisce on.

I felt a chill run down my spine just by imagining it. "I-I'm sorry.."

"You're not gonna be the only one who's sorry once I'm through with this psycho."

"Kenji."

He gave me a warning look. "What?"

"Just.. just promise me you wouldn't do anything stupid, okay? I don't want you getting expelled because of me."

"Believe me, that's the least of my worries."

~

The next day I was sent to the Principal office by Power Loader-sensei on account of the incident yesterday.

Recovery Girl was in the room along with Izuku, but no sight of Kenji.

I sighed to myself and sat down on the chair in front of Principal Nedzu.