Eleven

Louis has spent the past few days crying and listening to Lana Del Rey over and over.

It's an odd combination. Not many people cry to upbeat songs about girls and drinking, but Louis wants to cry, he needs to cry, so he plays something that reminds him of Harry.

He's barely left his room since. He planned on going back to Doncaster to see a few friends, but he can't stop beating himself up over this. His Mum has tried everything to get him out of his room, desperately knocking and pleading him to at least open the door.

When Louis got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night there were three water bottles, an apple, and some biscuits left outside the door. He knows it was his Mum, because whenever he'd cry when he was little she'd make him drink a lot of water to prevent from dehydration.

He drank all of the water and ate the apple and most of the biscuits. He tried to fall asleep, but it was difficult because of his pounding headache from crying.

He picks up his phone and finds Jade's Instagram username before sending her a message.

Hey, sorry to bother you so late at night. I bet Harry's already told you what happened. I was wondering if I could ask for a favour?

Louis' a bit worried she won't do it, because Harry told her what had happened, and it makes him seem like a bad person. He feels like a bad person. He is a bad person.

His phone buzzes, and he's surprised to see Jade as responded that fast, especially when it's nearly two in the morning.

Of course! Harry and I are awake anyways. He wanted to go outside and see the stars. What's up?

Louis smiles and looks out his window, seeing the same stars Harry is looking at. He then goes back to his phone.

This is gonna sound weird, I'm sorry, but I was wondering if I could get, like, updates on Harry? Like how he's doing? They don't have to be everyday and they don't have to be too detailed, I just want to know.

Jade responds almost immediately.

AWWWWW it's not weird Louis!! I'll totally do it!!!! Plenty of detail bc I'm in a creative writing class and this will be good practice :)

Louis smiles.

Thank you so much! Just don't tell Harry, yeah?

Jade replies.

Secret's safe w me ;)

Louis receives his first update the next day.

I can already tell Harry is trying not to be upset about leaving. He's a bad liar, I'm sure you've noticed, and I can see right through him. I asked him what happened between you two, what caused you to split apart rather than be together, and he wouldn't tell me. He said you have personal problems. He has a lot of respect for you.

He gets another text about a minute later.

He's been getting pains, which I think are from the pregnancy, but he still insists on going outside and walking around. I've noticed he feels safer outside. He also mentions you a lot while we're outside. He tells me the sky reminds him of your eyes and he points out whenever a stranger has a similar piece of clothing that you do. I think you're on his mind a lot more than you'd know. Hope this helped!

By the time Louis is done reading he's smiling so wide Niall gives him a weird look. "Y'alright, mate?" He asks, elbowing Louis a bit. Louis puts his phone away and nods, still smiling.

"Fine," Louis replies. Niall raises an eyebrow.

"This is the first time I've seen you smile all day," He points out, taking a bite of his burger. Louis shrugs, taking a sip of his soda. It took his Mum a while to convince him to go out with one of his friends. Niall sighs. "I know you got Harry Styles pregnant, mate."

Louis spits out his drink. Not on Niall, thank god, he'd be strangled to death. He spits his drink out on his fries. Fuck. He wanted to eat those.

"I-um," Louis stares at Niall, flustered and wide-eyed. "Wh-How did you-?"

"Mate, things get around at this school," Niall chuckles, shrugging. "I don't know why you didn't tell me in the first place. I know I tease the kid a lot, but I wouldn't have done anything to him. Or you."

Louis sighs. "Okay, Ni, do you want to hear the whole story?" He asks, and Niall just gives him a nod. So Louis tells him. He spills every single thing he admired about Harry and why Harry left (saying absolutely nothing about Eleanor, just saying he wasn't ready for a committed relationship).

Niall is silent for a few moments after Louis is done. "Wow, mate," He says, crossing his arms and leaning back in the booth. "I-Huh. Now that I think about it he did seem sort of bummed out. He's usually such a lad."

"I know," Louis sighs, looking down at his lap. "He's staying with Jade Thirlwall. I'm having her text me little updates every once and a while."

"So that's why you were smiling at your phone," Niall realises, and Louis raises his eyebrows. "Hey, man, just because I don't do my homework that doesn't mean I'm not smart." Niall pauses. "Jade Thirlwall is really hot."

Louis laughs. "Can't argue with you there, mate," He replies.

"I want you to visit her."

Louis looks over to his Mum. "Who?"

His Mum licks her lips before looking up at him. "Eleanor," And Louis' stomach surges at the thought. He doesn't know what he feels. Angry? Confused? Upset? All of the above?

"I-I-Mum," He stutters, shaking his head and swallowing thickly. "Mum, no, I can't. I'm not rea-"

"When will you be ready, Louis?" She asks, shaking her head. "I just think seeing her would bring you some much-needed closure, yeah? Could help you move on a bit? You haven't seen her since-"

"I remember," Louis growls, crossing his arms. A baby's cry is heard from upstairs, and Jay sighs and walks toward the stairs.

"Think about it," She says before making her way up the steps.