Six

Louis wakes up a bit earlier than usual.

He's in his bed, he must've fallen asleep next to Harry, and laying on his stomach. He can hear Harry's footsteps as he walks back and forth across the wooden floor, humming to himself quietly as he picks up a pair of jeans and pulls them on.

Louis closes his eyes again, hearing Harry's footsteps rush out of the bedroom and to the washroom, no doubt about to get sick, and Louis feels terrible. He sits up, immediately making his way to the washroom. He knocks on the door groggily, just warning Harry that he's coming in, and enters.

"Tea or water?" Louis asks. Harry looks up from the toilet bowl, looking miserable in Louis' jumper and a pair of joggers.

"Water," Harry replies. Louis nods, walking downstairs to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. He comes back up to find Harry brushing his teeth in front of the mirror, looking at himself with raised eyebrows.

"Your water," Louis sets the bottle down on the counter as Harry spits out his tooth paste.

"My face looks puffy," Harry mumbles quietly, pressing into his cheek with his fingers. "I thought it was just my stomach that would, like, get fatter."

Louis raises his eyebrows. He doesn't know how to respond. He watches as Harry lifts the jumper to reveal a very small baby bump, round and soft, and looks at himself in the mirror.

Harry's frowning, but Louis finds himself smiling as he takes a step toward Harry. "I hate this," Harry mumbles, honest and careless of what others think as always.

"Why?" Louis asks. "You look...great. Absolutely."

"Really?" Harry sighs, not noticing how flustered Louis had gotten. "I feel gross, honestly, and like, feel here," Harry takes Louis' hand and puts it right on his stomach, making Louis blush. "It's hard, and it feels weird."

Louis is silent. It feels odd, this big and scary thing he's been anxious over for weeks can fit right into his hand. He stares at it, licking his lips, and it's then and there that he realises he probably has the biggest crush on Harry that he's ever had on anybody.

That's pretty damn scary as well.

"Is it just me or does he look different?" Niall asks, obnoxiously munching on a crisp. Everyone at the table turns their head to Harry's table, where Harry is the centre of attention as per usual.

"What do you mean?" Louis asks, smiling slightly when Harry pulls down his shirt yet again. He's wearing a baggy sweater, somehow still scared someone will catch his small belly.

"I don't know," Niall shrugs. "More...full?"

"Now what the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Louis asks. "And why are you so worried about Harry Styles all of a sudden?"

"Damn, Lou, chill," Zayn raises his eyebrows after he and Niall share a quick glance. Louis huffs, angry Niall's talking about Harry like that. "He didn't even say anything bad."

"Maybe someone got him pregnant," Stan says brightly, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Surprised someone hasn't knocked him up before," Niall replies with a laugh. "You've seen how he is at parties."

Louis, face hot and hands shaky, stands up and storms out of the lunch room.