Two

When Louis woke up in the middle of the night on the floor, he was a bit confused. He couldn't remember why he was on the floor, or why there was an extra blanket on his bed. He clears his throat, which burns from exhaustion, and looks over to his own bed again.

A noise coming from the washroom makes him furrow his eyebrows. He gets up slowly, in just a white short sleeved shirt and black baseball shorts, and trudges to the washroom. The door is closed, so he knocks, not getting any response.

Louis slowly opens the door, already guessing who it was and what they were doing. Harry is leaning against the toilet in Louis' t-shirt (which is far too big for him), looking pale. Louis stands there awkwardly, waiting for Harry to notice him.

Harry does, after a few moments, eyebrows furrowing as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "Go back to bed," He says, but it isn't demanding. His voice is soft and raspy, hands trembling a bit. "Really, it's okay. I can handle it."

Louis just shakes his head, grabbing a plastic cup from the stack on the sink and filling it with water. He hands it to Harry, sitting down on the tile floor next to him. Harry just smiles, taking the cup with pink painted fingernails and taking a sip.

"Thanks," Harry mumbles, taking another sip. Louis just shrugs, rubbing his eyes sleepily. They're both quiet for a few minutes before Harry looks back over to Louis. "Let's go outside."

Louis raises his eyebrows. "Um. What?"

"Let's go outside," Harry repeats, standing up shakily before finishing his water and tossing the plastic cup into the rubbish bin. Louis stands up as well, leaning against the sink.

"Harry, it's November, we'll freeze," Louis points out, looking at Harry like he's crazy. "Let's just go to bed, you need the rest."

"Lou, c'mon," Harry pleads, and Louis blushes at the nickname. "It'll be fun! The sky is clear, we can look at the stars!"

And, as Louis looks at Harry, with no makeup on and his hair messy and an adventurous look in his bright green eyes, he can't resist. No one can resist Harry, but this is different. Louis feels like he's seeing a side of Harry no one else has seen before. This isn't the same kind of adventurous look he has when he's about to take a shot, or when he climbs the fence to the baseball field so he can watch the game for free. This is so much better.

"Alright," Louis gives in, and Harry beams. "But you have to be quiet. And you have to wear a hoodie. And if you get nauseous I'm taking you back inside."

Harry nods, and the two of them leave the washroom and go back to Louis' bedroom. Louis goes to his closet and grabs a hoodie, tossing it to Harry before grabbing another one and pulling it over his head. Harry's wearing a pair of Louis' younger sister's joggers already, him being the same size as the fifteen year old.

They both tiptoe down the stairs and toward the backdoor, Louis handing Harry a pair of his Toms before slipping on some Vans. They both walk out into the backyard, the air chilly as Harry shoves his hands into the pockets and looks up at the sky. He was right, it is clear, and the stars are gorgeous. The moon gives the backyard a bluish sort of light that makes Harry face glow.

"Are you excited to have more younger siblings?" Harry asks, reaching up and touching a leaf on a tree Louis had planted when he was six.

Louis shrugs. "I've never really been the centre of attention, um," Harry nods, looking over to Louis with a soft smile. "But I really do like babies, and little kids, and I like having them in the house. And my mum does too, obviously."