Fifteen

hi please don't leave any more insensitive comments about louis not being able to move on from eleanor i know it's just a story but there may be people who have experienced the same thing and it's just plain rude

"Louis, you have to find a way to get him back," Leigh-Anne says, setting a cup of tea down in front of him. Louis just sighs and looks up at Leigh-Anne miserably, shaking his head and resting his face in the palm of his hand. He looks around Leigh-Anne's kitchen, painted yellow with a large window letting in the unusual February sunshine.

"He'll never take me back now," Louis grumbles, and Leigh-Anne raises her eyebrows. Louis knows that look. He's realised since he's met her that it means she's about to prove him wrong. She's very smart, sometimes Louis forgets that.

"You never let him have you in the first place," Leigh-Anne points out, taking a sip of her own tea. Louis slumps back in his chair and huffs because, yeah, she has a point. "Lou, you can't be angry with him for reacting the way he did. You've shut him out, and frankly, there were times you've told me about when you treated that poor boy like utter shit. Also, his hormones are all over the place, and he can't control it."

"Goddamnit, Leigh, why are you always fucking right?" He groans, throwing his head back. He can hear Leigh-Anne stifle a laugh and he sighs. "This is a mess. I don't think he'd want to be with me after this."

Leigh-Anne frowns. "Do you know what Harry wants?" She asks. Louis sighs and shakes his head, crossing his arms. "He wants someone who's going to fight for him! You can't just give up and wait for something to happen, Louis, you have to do something!"

Louis looks at Leigh-Anne for a few seconds. "Every time I even think about being with him Eleanor prevents me from doing it. I never thought it'd be this hard to get over her, it's been over a fucking year and I still can't do this."

Leigh-Anne frowns sympathetically. "Grieving can take a long time, Louis," She says softly. "I don't know what happened with you and her, but I know it hurt you a lot, and I can't make you do anything if it's going to mess with your emotions, but I think you really want to be with Harry, and I think if you fight for him you'll get what you want."

Louis looks out the window, staring at the flowers in the garden. "I think I love him," Louis says, sounding terrified. Leigh-Anne frowns, leaning back in her chair and taking another sip of tea.

"I think you need to go after him," Leigh-Anne counters. Louis takes a deep breath, burying his face into his hands. The whole kitchen is silent.

Louis doesn't even know where the fuck to buy Dutch tulips.

He can't go try to get Harry back in an Augustus Water esque way if he doesn't have Dutch tulips. Who does he even consult about buying flowers? Leigh doesn't know anything (he already checked), and he's asked three flower shoppes so far. They don't sell them.

He's getting very frustrated, honestly. He comes home from hunting down Dutch tulips (to no avail) and slams the door. Jay, with Ernest in her arm and Doris in a baby swing on the other side of the kitchen, glares at him.

"Oi! Doris will never go to sleep if you keep causing a ruckus," She huffs, shaking her head. Louis' aggravated face softens, his expression turning guilty.

"Sorry, sorry," He mumbles, sighing heavily. Jay raises her eyebrows. Louis hates how she can always tell if something's wrong.

"What's up?" She asks. Louis bites his lip, throwing his wallet onto the counter and taking off his jacket.

"I need Dutch tulips," Is all Louis says. Jay raises her eyebrows again but doesn't ask questions.