The Sleepover

Mahiru stayed up most of the night with Hyde and Licht, cooking, cleaning and making sure everything is perfect so Kuro wouldn't have to worry about anything, leaving him to just stay in bed to rest. Mahiru wanted to ask what Kuro's sickness is, but he didn't want to seem too nosy, so he kept silent about that subject for the rest of the night.

--

Mahiru wakes up with a yawn, someone was knocking at his door and you can clearly hear two people arguing downstairs. So getting up, he opens the door to reveal the bluenet waiting patiently. "Kuro? Aren't you suppose to be in bed?" Mahiru asked, he didn't even check the time but he could feel that it's pretty early. "Yes, but it's 5:30am on a Wednesday. You have school." Kuro replied, Mahiru quickly realized this and widened his eyes. "Oh my god! I forgot! Thank you for waking me up Kuro!" Mahiru smiled, going over to his bag on the side of the guest bed he slept on. He could hear the bluenet walk off from the doorway when he let out a soft 'Yeah..' making Mahiru look back once more, catching the bare feet of the other walking off to possibly shut his brother and his friend up from the kitchen, making the brunet chuckle just a bit.

"Nii-san! this is abuse! Don't slap my he- NII-SAN DON'T SLAP ANGEL-CHAN'S HEAD EITHER! WHY ARE YOU OUT OF BED!"

"So noisy, you two are the reason why i'm out of bed.. You also forgot to wake Mahiru up, now quiet down... and eat your breakfast.."

Mahiru full out laughed at this, hearing their conversation downstairs as he got dressed. He had a shower last night since Hyde offered it since they indeed had classes tomorrow, Mahiru couldn't refuse his generosity, he'll feel guilty if he didn't.

"Mahiru! Come down here, your breakfast is ready." Kuro called down, Mahiru checked if he has everything, doing a one-over. He nods, making the bed and stepping out of the room to the staircase that leads downwards. He could smell the scent of eggs, pancakes and bacon as he got closer and closer to the dining room. Smiling once he steps in and sets his bag on the side of his chair, sitting down in front of the plate that was prepared for him. "Took you long enough Mahiru-chan! Nii-san's breakfast is the best! You shouldn't miss it!" Hyde grinned, stuffing his face with his second pancake. Mahiru chuckled softly, reasurring the sibling that he never misses breakfast unless he's running late due to oversleeping.

Looking up, he sees the eldest in the kitchen, possibly washing the dishes as they ate. There was a bar so the wall was cut large enough to see the back of the bluenet's head. He looked so calm, he wouldn't ever think he is this amazing due to his looks. He looked miserable and lazy, but he knew not to judge people by what they look like, it was simple to do so, but judging could be offensive. He feels guilty for thinking that Kuro was lazy.

"Starin' at Nii-san? You seem to like him a lot huh?" Hyde softened his expression, tapping the corner of Mahiru's plate to get his attention. "You're the first person he allowed here so you must be trustworthy enough to gain his interest." Hyde adds, lifting up a forkful of eggs and chewing slowly. Mahiru looked over to the blond, then looks down at his untouched plate. He couldn't let this meal go to waste after all Kuro did to prepare it for him. So he starts digging in, tasting the pancakes first. Mahiru widens his eyes at first chew, Hyde was right, this breakfast is really damn good. Chewing it down, he answers the blond shyly. "I'm glad...I guess, it's simple to help those who need it right? Your brother looked like he needed it..I don't know what sickness he has, but I hope to help him enough to get better and overcome his fears of people. He is already popular with his looks..He could gain a lot of friends if he tried.." Mahiru whispered, eating more of his breakfast before it got cold. Licht gave them both a soft look as he got up to the kitchen, patting the eldest on the shoulder so he could takeover with the dishes.

Mahiru saw this and smiled, Hyde did the same, finishing his own breakfast soon after. "He doesn't want to make too many friends, he said that we are all he needs to feel complete. It's a bit corny and sweet.. But all we can do is agree. He has us and our friends, well you aren't the only non-family member that entered this house. Our sibling's friends are also allowed here, but some of them annoy him and stress him out so me and Lich-tan had to keep them away. Expecially Misono, our 7th brother's friend." Hyde chuckles, taking Mahiru's plate to stack it on his once the brunet finished. Placing the chopsticks on top to be washed. "If I may ask...How many siblings do you have? I saw the pictures and I counted eight.." Mahiru hesitates, but Hyde nodded and grinned. "Yep! there's eight of us and we all have our own personalities! You see, I'm the fifth sibling! My nickname was 'The one and only, Lawless!' we based our nicknames on sins and our personalities. So I'm greed~" Hyde paused, looking over to his brother talking with Licht before he could add more. "Nii-san doesn't want anyone to know, but he trusts you so it's alright~ He's the first brother, as you know. 'Sleepy Ash of Sloth.' was his nickname, still is but we just call him 'Ash' sometimes. To answer you from before..." Hyde sighs, glancing to his sibling once again, continuing. "He is anemic, that's why he looks the way he does. So he's always tired, there's medicine for it but it never helps..." the blond frowned, looking at the brunet sadly, taking in the emotions that the other held within his eyes.

"I see..." Mahiru finally spoke up after taking in a lot about Kuro and the blond. It was odd to base nicknames on sins, but he doesn't have the right to say anything. As for the sickness, it made sense, he should've known. Maybe it didn't work because the anemia is too bad or the eldest didn't like taking meds from anyone he didn't trust. He doesn't know anything about their father, but he knows it's anything but good if Kuro is so hard-set on keeping his siblings safe by being afraid for them. So they didn't have any worries. It was a pro move, but if only he could think about himself for once and care for his own well-being. Mahiru wanted to use his time with Kuro to tell the other to take his advice, he could rest while Mahiru helped him. It was a great offer, the only thing now was to tell him.

"You three have 20 minutes to make sure you have everything and leave. It's 6:10." Kuro announced, Mahiru nodded and got up, not realising that Hyde already left to the kitchen to care for their plates. Mahiru could've offered to take care of it himself, but the other already had that under control. Sighing, he grabbed his bag and looked inside to make sure he has his books with him. After taking in all of the books he kept inside, he zipped it up and redos his tie.

"We're ready Nii-san! Can Mahiru come back after school or...?" Hyde asks, Kuro hummed and turned to face the said brunet, watching them from the living room, waiting for an answer. Sighing, Kuro nods before ruffling his brother's spiky blond hair and raising his other hand to pat Licht on his head with a soft smile. "Sure. Now be careful on your way there. You're both 18 but still. Understood?" Kuro eyes them, both Licht and Hyde answers with a "We will!", turning away from Kuro to head for the door. "Come on Mahiru! You'll be able to come back so let's go! We can all walk home together." Hyde offers, unlocking and opening the door for Licht. "O-Oh alright. What will you be doing for eight hours?" Mahiru turned to Kuro, who was leaning against the wall outside of the kitchen with arms crossed, seemly waiting to see them off. "Sleeping, so call when something comes up. Alright?" Kuro tells the three by the door, Hyde grins and gives a thumbs up. "Of course! We'll be off then! Sleep well Nii-san! If you need anything, you could call Lily since he's off work today~" Hyde replies, yanking Mahiru's arm and sending him outside with a gentle push. "Yeah....Now go before you're late." Kuro gestures a 'shooing' motion as they leave. Watching the door close behind the blond, hearing the lock click after. Kuro smiles to himself for just a fraction of a moment as he heads towards the stairs. "Such a pain..."