Mistakes to be forgiven.

This part has self harm in it and a suicide attempt, so if you are uncomfortable with it, tread cautiously, this was bound to happen at some point :( 

Viewer discretion is advised. 

Just know that nobody is alone and I am always open for anyone who needs to talk :) I'm here for everyone~ 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahiru was on his way to the bathroom during the last period of the day, after he and Kuro had split up to go to their classes, he could tell something dark was haunting Kuro's mind, he was hoping to use this moment to text him to ask if he was okay. He knew it wasn't like him to use his phone during school hours, but he needed to and he wasn't afraid of the consequences that will come after. It's not like there's cameras in the bathroom to catch him anyways. 

But turning the corner to where the bathrooms were, he could hear screaming and teachers rushing boys out of the bathroom that were in there, all of them looked traumatized by what they saw from within. Curious, he rushed over to asked what was going on by the three teachers that were keeping students out. "What's going on?" Mahiru asked in concern, noticing two boys that were in the bathroom had blood on their hands and handing a knife to one of the teachers, and seeing this, Mahiru widened his eyes. 

A murder?! 

"Unfortunately we can't tell you, not til the police come here and the ambulance. I'm sorry Mr.Shirota." The teacher apologized, but it didn't take long for Mahiru to realize who the victim could be, not when Hyde and Licht are running over to them in maximum speed to try and get past the teachers. "Let me through! Let me through! My brother is in there! Please let me see if he's okay! Let me through!" Hyde sobbed as he tried to slip past them with no use, completely drained from his wracking sobs and the running he did to get here. Even Licht looked drained from it. 

But now the question is, who would murder Kuro?! 

"Kuro!?" Mahiru yelled in shock, turning to the boys with blood on their hands and immediately grabbed their collars to demand answers. "Why did you two murder him! He had done nothing to deserve that! Why!" Mahiru shouted, only to cause a teacher to try and break them up. "We didn't kill him! We cut him down from a rope! He hung himself and he was bleeding from his wrist! We tried to help but I don't know what we did was enough! He could be dead in there!" One boy countered, looking just as scared and pathetic as he was. 

And everything just became numb, Mahiru let go of the boys and dropped to his knees in loss. 

Kuro committed suicide....

Kuro just committed suicide......

Kuro is dead.....

But why...?

"Why...? Why would he do such a thing...?" Mahiru started speaking in the midst of the chaos around him, he felt nothing, like the air he breathes evaporated and just left him breathless, like the nerves in his body were cut out and made him feel nothing. 

He couldn't hear.

He couldn't breathe.

He couldn't see. 

He felt so hopeless....is this what Kuro felt after they had to go?

Could've Mahiru might've changed Kuro's mind by staying with him? 

Could've Mahiru at least helped him in his time of need? Mahiru saw that darkness within his eyes, but....why did he just let him go...? 

How could he let him go...?