Chapter 2: The Englisheros are Coming to Town

***FOUR MONTHS LATER

The Equinox Club is jam-packed of people. Disco lights are spraying here and there. And the music is so loud it is deafening. People dance tirelessly to the beat with margaritas and tequilas on their hands. Joao is sitting on the couch, away from the people. He wears a black hoodie and a mask to hide his face. As much as his mom forbids him to go to public places, he can't help it. The club is his comfort place. He was surrounded with friends anyway. If anyone tries to go near him to get a picture or an autograph, they are there to brush them away. However, the Dancing Prince seemed preoccupied. Though his physical presence is at the club, his mind is drifting nowhere. In his mind, he tries to recall his phone conversation with his girlfriend the night before.

(on telephone)

J: What the HELL, Yassi?! Are you trying to screw me up?

Y: Wha--?

J: What was that? Huh? What did I just see on the TV?

Y: TV? Oh,

J: Oh, come on. Pairing with another guy? Denying me? What was that?

Y: Listen, Joao. Ryan gave me a job. I am sorry I did not call you first. But...But I can't say no to him!

J: What?

Y: I couldn't pass on a chance like that especially now...

J: Especially now?

Y: Yeah.

J: What? I... I don't understand.

Y: Now is uncertain. With that accident and all. The news saying you cannot dance anymore...

J: Wait! Hold up! What news?

Y: (sighs) News broke out that you cannot return to dancing anymore. The doctor said that you were...

J: Wait! Is that what people are saying?

Y: Yes. And Ryan said... Well, a lot of people actually are saying that...

J: That what?

Y: Don't you get it? Your career is in jeopardy!

J: Unbelievable! And you're actually believing them? 

(silence)

Y: Listen, I am really sorry, alright? I know it's been hard for you. But it's hard for me too. Okay?

(silence)

Y: Think about it. If you're in my shoes, you would exactly do the same.

J: Bullsh*t. I don't do that! I don't leave people, Yassi.

Y: Look, please. Understand my situation. I'm only new in this business okay? I'm only starting to get famous. I don't have to be dragged by some...

J: Unbelievable! You... you don't understand what you're saying right now. This is so unlike you!

(silence)

J: Listen, Yassi. I brought you into this! Don't you remember?

Y: Yes, yes I do. And I will be forever grateful to you. Honestly. If it weren't for you, I won't be here. Yes, yes I know that.

J: Exactly! But what you're doing right now...

Y: Is being ungrateful. Yes, I know. I'm sorry. But I... I

(silence)

J: But what?

Y: But I can't back down, alright? I have already sign the contract.