Chapter 18: Babysitters de Guapo et Macho

It has already been a week, and the boys have been practising non-stop. Every day, when the clock strikes at 4 pm, they meet at Studio 9A.

Joao, even if he was an instructor from hell at the first few days, seemed to soften as the days passed by, especially that the four have been giving their all. They no longer looked like dancing sticks. They have been thawed and cooked to perfection where their bodies are finally syncing with the music.

The vocal arrangements were not a problem. Ford and Russell distributed the lines well. They spearheaded the blending too. Although Joao admitted that he was not that confident at first, he coped pretty great.

In each day, they grew closer. Russell and Niel were always the first to hit the naughty pranks and jokes to the other members. Tristan and Miko always return the favor. Ford, well, he was the one who always spoils the fun. And quite surprisingly, Joao seemed to enjoy watching them. Though when the members catch him smiling, he then stops himself and become a grumpy monster once more.

It was only few days away when the boys have finished their two cover songs. Panic arose when they realized that they still do not have any original song...

J: Nice one, Niel! Okay! One... Two... Three... Four... Step. Nice, Ford! Six... Seven... Eight! Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Suave, Russ! Two... and One!

(blows whistle)

J: Great job, you guys! Great job!

He clapped his hands loudly. The four patted each other's backs amidst heavy breathing.

F: Joao!

Ford called. He threw a water bottle to him. Joao caught it.

J: Thanks, Ford.

Ford smiled. He passed another to Niel and to Miko. While drinking on his own, he asked,

F: Di ba talaga pupunta si Tristan? 6 pm na.

N: (gulps) Oo nga no. Sayang wala siya. Miss ko na dinadala niyang pagkain.

R: You bet! Malungkhot akoh ngeyon, walang foods.

Russell frowned.

J: He said he had to run some errands that's why he can't join us.

Joao said out of nowhere. The four nodded.

N: Alam ninyo, akala ko magagahol tayo sa oras sa practice kasi ilang araw na lang. Buti natapos tayo agad.

F: Oo nga. May time pa tayo para iperfect yung ibang parts na nahihirapan pa tayo. Hay, galing kasing magturo ni Joao.

Ford pointed at Joao. Joao blushed. But he turned a blind eye.

J: Ford! Stop praising me! You have violated twenty times of my rules. You still have to do twenty pushups.

F: Oo na, Master J. Oo na.

J: (blows whistle) All of you! Do you really think I am now going easy on you?! On your feet! Ford, twenty! Miko, ten! Russell, twenty-three! And Niel, fifty-seven!

Niel's eyes went wide.

N: Hoy! Ano ka?! Joao!