Chapter 23: The After Party and the After After Party

Joao glanced at his room. For several weeks he had stayed in the Philippines, this has been his home. He reminisced some of his treasured memories. One was Uncle Ogie splashing him with a pail of water to wake him up. The other one was the first time he met Alora. He had been so cranky with her that time and had accused her of being a pervert. Nearly two months had passed and he believes that she became his best friend in his entire stay.

Just like what Uncle Ogie has promised, a lone plane ticket was placed on his bed. It was stuck along with his passport. Joao picked it up and studied it. This was it. He is finally coming back to Macau. His exile has been cut off.

All of a sudden, his phone rang. He exhaled deeply for he knows that Alora would try her might to stop him. However, he was surprised to see that it was Loisa who was calling him. He tapped the accept button.

The background music boomed in his ears. It was loud as if it was they were in a disco bar. Loisa's lazy voice came and said,

L: Joaoooo? Huy, Joao? Nasan ka? Di kita makita eh.

Wait. Why was her voice like that? Is she drunk? Joao shook his head.

L: Alam mo, Joao. Magpakita ka na. Magsaya tayo ah?! Whoooo! (bluffs) Ka-kanina ka pa hinahanap ni Alora. Magpakita ka na ah! Hahahahaa! Yun lang. And I... thank you!

She hang up. Joao stared at his phone.

J: (sighs) That lady. Damn it!

Suddenly, his phone rang again. It was Loisa.

L: Joao! Yoohooo! Joao. Halika na dito. Hehe. Di kumpleto ang boys kung wala ka. Saka, ang lungkot kaya. Punta ka dito at hayaan mong suntukin kita. Joaaaaooooo!

Suddenly, a voice in the background scolded her. It was Sue.

S: Loisa! Hey!

And then her clear voice spoke to him.

S: Joao? Naandyan ka ba?

J: Sue?

S: Don't be a baby, Joao. Punta ka na dito. Maraming naghahanap sa yo.

J: I can't.

S: Anong I CAN'T?! Atsaka ano yung drama ni Alora na babalik ka ng Macau? Di naman totoo yun diba?

Loisa let out one big gasp.

L: Babalik ka? Hoy bakit? Wag ka ngang umalis. Ang dami pa ng lumang damit ni Papa. Kanino ko ibibigay yun?! Tsaka mamimiss kita! Hahahhaa!

Tsaka mamimiss kita? Joao's ears tingled. What Loisa meant by that?

S: Uy, Loisa! Umayos ka nga! Sandali, Joao.

Sue sounded struggled. She seemed to prop up Loisa.

S: Ayan. Ayan, nagsuka ka na. Loisa naman. Hay, sige na, Joao, tutulungan ko pa to. Punta ka na dito, ha?

She hang up. While putting down his phone, Joao had a big smile on his face. He kept repeating Loisa's line,

J: Tsaka mamimiss kita. (giggles) Tsaka mamimiss kita.