Chapter 45: We Made It

(the next day)

D-1: the day before Grand Finals

The gang found themselves admiring the grand pavilion as soon as they stepped on the marbled tiles of Marriachi Hotel. All fourteen participating groups were asked to check-in at a suite prior to the Grand Finals.

Earlier that day, an intimate press conference was held which was led by the President of Lumos Records himself, Mr. Peter Edwards. A couple of local and international news stations were there to capture the biggest event in the country for this year. Shortly after, Lumos introduced all performing groups to the world. They were also tasked to do brief camera shots for the infomercial. That afternoon, the contestants were shuttled toward the concert arena for the dry run. For most of them, it was the chance to get a feel of the competition before it begins. But for some, it was an opportunity to meet their opponents and make new friends.

T: Grabe, ibang level na talaga 'to!

Tristan said, craning his neck to gaze upon the hollowed ampitheatre. It would be their second time to perform at this arena. But consciously thinking that this is going to be the Finale or the event which will define them as a group, it transcends a different kind of vibe to him.

R: I can't believe we're already here. This used to be just a dream... a far distant dream. Now, it's in front of us.

Russell agreed, also in awe.

N: Hindi rin ako makapaniwala na aabot tayo sa ganito. (looks up at the three) Salamat, mga Kuya.

Tristan, Russell, and Ford looked at him incredulously.

F: (snorts) Bakit ka naman nagpapasalamat sa amin, ha? Eh kasama ka naman sa bawat laban.

N: Syempre 'di ko naman magagawa iyon kung wala kayo. Kung hindi ninyo pinalakas ang loob ko. 'Di ako makakarating dito kung hindi ninyo ako ginabayan at dinamayan.

Ford ruffled Niel's hair.

F: Pwes, ganoon din kami sa iyo, bunso. Salamat din.

A: K-kami rin. Salamat sa inyo dahil makakapag-perform kami sa BOC. Dati nasa audience lang kami. Pero ngayon... kasama na namin kayo.

Alora was the first to speak for the girls.

T: Alora, kung wala kayo, hindi rin naman kami makakapag-perform. Mapipilitan kaming magback-out. Iniligtas ninyo kami.

Tristan grinned. Alora, Loisa, and Kisses were too flustered to respond. Suddenly, Sue broke in their circle. She just finished doing her fan service. Even at the Grand Finals, quite a few fans were asking for a picture.

S: Hi! Ano ang pinag-uusapan natin?

T: Wala!

Tristan yelled. The others followed suit,

K: Wala.

F: Wala.

Sue knitted her eyebrows. She said,

S: Sus! Dali na. Pagpasensyahan ninyo ako. Hindi umubra 'tong disguise ko. Nakikilala na ako ng mga tao dito sa mata pa lang!