Author's Q&A

Here are some facts and honest thoughts about my experience in writing this story:

How did you come up with the plot/story of The Superstars?

Coming up with the plot is not difficult at all. Writing is. Tbh, it was easy for me to characterize the boys. It does not come a surprise that Joao, Russell, Niel, Tristan, and Ford have very distinct personalities from each other. It is even possible to describe each guy using one word. Like this:

Joao - Outgoing
Russell - Know-it-all
Niel - Pure soul
Tristan- Funny
Ford- Mature

After characterizing, I kinda psychoanalyzed them. I tried to come up with flashback or important backstory which can explain why they behave differently.  And then, the usual recipe for a "Journey/Brotherhood story". Different walks of life entangled in one inevitable situation. In this case, the plot device was the Battle of the Century.

How did you come up with the title?

It's from their franchise, Pinoy Boyband Superstar, DUH. Jkkk. Aside from that, I wanted this story to be read not just for entertainment but also to be digested with  valuable life lessons. It's a story of how difficult it is to chase one's dream and passion. And only SUPERSTARS can manage to make their dreams come true.

Why my chapters are long?

I am not an avid Wattpad reader (omg, maybe Wattpad will take down my story). Really. Even if W had its boom in 2010 or something. Anyway, it was in early 2017 and I really had thought of a plot that has potential ( I think) about BoybandPH. I looked up and found that fanfictions are a thing. So, I made an account and started writing The Superstars. Back then, I haven't read any story here in W so I have no idea about do's/dont's. But I have also peeked on my friends' readings and I remember the chapters were really long. So I thought that was the norm. And that, my friend, is the reason why I liberated myself from counting words and write on a chapter as much as I want. Sometimes, when I look back, I actually feel embarrassed.

Why the story took a long time to write?

I started writing the story in July 2017. I bombarded my first update by publishing the first five chapters. It did not pick up quite the way I expected or had hoped, so I was not really inspired to update more and more. But during those times, I kept on writing scenes (not chapters) on my phone. Whenever I think of a funny joke or situation, I began writing them. Anyway, I kept on pushing myself to update more and I managed updating once a month. In October 2018, I saw a Twitter account quoting some lines from my story and that really made me happy. That was all I needed to reach my readers and to inspire me to keep writing and updating more.

I can blame my laziness and "being not in the mood" as the main culprit why updates took a long time. But probably I can acquit my studies (Acads) for the crime too. GC kasi ako noon eh! 😆

Also, I actually have written a huge chunk of the story dati pa (notes were dated in 2017). I saved them as drafts in my phone. Unfortunately, I had to reset the unit and in doing so, all the drafts were erased. I had to write them all over again. But I lost the mood to write na. Haha.

Why do I have an unusual writing format?

I really wanted to write this story in a dialogue-type format, so it would be easy for me. But I can't help to put in the narrative. Admittedly, the narratives are the ones which slowed me down. Anyway, I kept this writing format because I saw this newly-published book when I dropped by a bookstore in 2018. Our formats are exactly the same, so I figured I just keep writing this way.

Why did you not change the names of the characters?

Tbh, I really want to change their names. But it was too late. Anywho, I am dropping these names because I really want to share them with you.

Joao - Jace Constantino
Russell - Rafael "Raf" Franks
Tristan - Christopher Dae  "Tupe" Rivera
Ford - Francis "Poy" Valdez
Niel - Niccolo "Nico" Morilla

Loisa - Leah Alipio
Kisses - Kelsey De Vera
Alora - Alodia Sanchez
Sue - Suzy Rivera

Message to all readers?

To you who have been patiently waiting for updates, to you who tolerate my silly plot ideas, and to you who spend minutes to read a chapter, a big THANK YOUUUUU!!!!  I can't thank you enough for trusting my writing. This is the first story I ever shared, so it truly means a lot.

Super thank you rin sa mga nagvovote simula 2017 hanggang ngayon. I see you 👀 Pati na rin sa mga nagcocomment at nagmessage sa akin privately or sa message board. Maraming salamat! Because of you, na-push ako na icomplete ang story na 'to. Thank you talaga ❤️

If you are an aspiring writer din, sulat lang ng sulat! Feel free to comment the links of your works. I will personally give them a read. Let's lift each other up! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

On side note, feel free rin to comment if there are inconsistencies, or flaws, or cringey typo/grammar errors na nakita ninyo sa story. I actually saw some nung nagbackread ako hehe. I will try to edit them when I have the time.

So, 'yun na lang muna. If you ever wanted to know more or kung gusto ninyo lang na may makausap, do not hesitate to message me. My lines are always open! 🙂