Chapter 5: Fates Intertwined

The alarmed rang at 7 in the morning, but Joao is still sleeping. He lay on his bed, face first. He was snoring loudly when a gush of cold water woke him up. He screamed and when he tried to blink the water out of his eyes, he said,

J: Fudge! What the heck was that?!

He blinked and saw his uncle carrying an empty pail. His uncle smiled mischievously and yelled,

O: Good morning, JC! Gising na! And oh, get dressed. Pupunta tayo sa school.

Joao moaned, and he mumbled to express his annoyance.

O: Op, op, op! Walang aangal. One week ka na sa Pilipinas pero ni isang araw hindi ka pa lumabas sa kwarto mo. Kaya ngayon, sasamahan mo ako.

True enough. Since he got back here in the Philippines, he didn't do anything besides locking himself in his room and playing Xbox. It was as if he wasn't able to do such things in Macau. His uncle left the room and told him to come down in thirty minutes. Joao rolled out of the bed and walked towards the balcony. He spread his hands and breathed the fresh air. He was about to put back his old clothes on when a voice startled him.

A: Heeeey, handsome.

Joao screamed, "AAHH". Then he looked around to find where the voice came from. He was more surprised when he looked at his left. A girl was staring at him. She was batting her long eyelashes and was pinning her hair. She pouted her lips. Joao quickly covered his body after realizing that the girl was looking at his abs (or not so much abs).

J: Hey, pervert! What are you doing here? Who... who are you?!

A: Ahiii... Una, name ko. Tapos, yung number ko... Ikaw ah? Ang bilis mo masyadow...

She said in a sweet voice.

J: WHAT? Get out of here! Why... are you...? Wait, are you staying in the next room?

A: Hindi. Naglilinis lang ako. Hihihi...

She said, flirting.

A: Uyy, ang gwapo mo pala talaga. Sa mga picture lang ni Sir talaga kita nakikita eh.

J: What? Get lost! Ugh!

He closed the windows and went outside. He was red in anger. But because he was focused at the situation at hand, he was not aware that he was still not wearing anything except a pair of shorts.

J: Pervert, come out!

Surprisingly, the girl he saw appeared behind the door.

A: Ano ba? Kakakilala pa lang natin, hinahanap-hanap mo na ko. Ganun ba ako ka-irresistible?

She bit her finger in a flirty way.

J: Who are you? What are you doing here?

The girl did not respond. All of a sudden, Ogie was climbing up the stairs.

O: A-anong nangyari? Sinong sumigaw?

J: Uncle! Who is she? She-she was peeking at me!

Ogie turned to the girl. He said,

O: Alora... tinatakot mo ang pamangkin ko.

A: Sir naman. Hindi ah! Binati ko lang naman siya.

O: Ay... hindi pa pala kayo magkilala, aber. Joao, si Alora. Alora, si Joao.

A: Jao?

J: It's ZHO-WOW.

A: Ahhh... sige, tawagin na lang kitang Showow.