CHAPTER FIVE

[ 1

[ 1.3 | PACK MENTALITY ]

     "So, you killed her?"

     THOSE WERE THE first troubling words Daisy heard, as she approached her two best friends entering the school from the courtyard. It was the morning after the lacrosse game, and Scott's successful attempt at preventing his werewolf transformation. (Not to mention his first kiss) Daisy assumed that her best friend would be on cloud nine walking into Beacon Hills High to meet his new girlfriend, but that was not the case.

     The Fulton girl's brows furrow deeply at the statement heard jogging in her brown heeled booties to catch up with the two teenage boys. Her black pleated skirt swishes around her thighs brushing up against her dark tights, as she appears on Stiles left side. They were in the midst of a deep discussion that made Daisy wish that she never caught the start.

     "I don't know." Scott shrugs, eyes scanning the many students roaming the school before the first bell. "I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

     A thoughtful expression crosses Stile's features. "Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently."

     Daisy scrunches her nose up in disgust staring at the flannel clad boy. "Oh, dear God! Please never utter that sentience ever again." She exclaims shaking her head of the life-scaring images now plaguing her thoughts.

     He scoffs at the girl's behavior. "He's the one who said it first."

     "A –I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B –Daisy's right. Never give us that much detail about you in bed again." Scott states blinking away his own thoughts flashing through his mind.

     Stiles nods. "Noted." He then lets out a long exhale. "Let me take a guess here..."

     "No, I know you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out." Scott interrupts.

     The Stilinski boy shakes his head vigorously. "No, of course not." Both of his friends give him a flat look causing him to change his response. "Yeah, that's totally it." He then says bringing a scoff from Scott.

     Daisy rolls her eyes at the boys' ridiculous conversation. "He's not wrong Scott." She speaks up gaining an incredulous look from her best friend. "I mean, he's not right either. But, it could be just a nightmare because you're worried. Happens to everyone."

     "Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly." Stiles adds. "You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take."