CHAPTER THIRTEEN

[ 1

[ 1.10 - 1.11 | CO-CAPTAIN - FORMALITY ]

     DESPITE THE supernatural chaos that nearly consumed her and her friends' lives, Daisy found the time to study for her neglected classes. Throughout the werewolf drama, the girl had allowed her grades to slip. She had so much on her mind that looking over terms for an English test did not seem like a main priority. But, she had to try harder.

     Spread across her cream colored duvet, few textbooks and two separate piles of notecards were set before Daisy. She proceeded to write sections of information on a blank card and set it aside with others that were already finished. While she worked, her television displayed the scenes of a movie she could not remember.

     Daisy kept her attention on the task at hand, until her phone began to ring from her nightstand. She released an annoyed sigh, and reluctantly lifted the device to her ear. "Hello?"

     "Scott's mom is on a date with Peter Hale!" Stiles screamed through the phone in a frantic tone.

     Her eyes widened tremendously. "What?!"

     "I'm coming to pick you up. We're going to crash their date." He exclaimed through the faint sound of tries squealing.

     Daisy nodded, although he could not see her. "Alright, okay. Give me thirty seconds." She tossed the thick blanket from her legs and slide her fuzzy pale blue slippers on her feet."

     "You have fifteen. I'm three houses down. Now, hurry!" Stiles shouted, and then ended the call.

     The blonde jumped from her bed and had just enough time to swipe her stolen lacrosse hoodie from her chair, before sprinting down the hallway and out of her family home.

     _______

     Daisy's knees bounced anxiously, as she occupied the front seat of her best friend's jeep. They traveled down the narrow two-lane road of the suburban neighborhood searching for Peter's car.

     Scott had texted them when Melissa climbed into the vehicle with the psychotic Alpha and sped away from the curb. He was worried about his mother, that much anyone could tell, but he had a very good reason. There was no telling what Peter would do to the woman, especially after the confrontation he had with her son just a few days prior. They needed to get her away from the werewolf as soon as possible.

     The Fulton girl searched the area for the recognizable vehicle and found it parked just off of the right lane. "There." She pointed out to her best friend behind the wheel.

     Stiles nodded, gripping the steering wheel tightly and kept his foot on the gas. "Okay, just –you might want to hold onto something."

     Daisy glanced toward him with creased brows. "What are you gonna do?"