CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

[ 2

[ 2.2 | SHAPE SHIFTED ]

     DAISY WRAPPED HER arms around her sweater clad torso in an attempt to keep out the brisk chill. She sat on the lowest row on the section of metallic bleachers next to the spacious field, while maroon jerseys ran across the worn grass with long stick in hand. How she allowed Stiles to talk her into attending the early morning lacrosse practice, she had no idea.

     Actually, she knew quite well why she agreed to tag along.

     During their time in the locker room, Scott caught the scent of another werewolf. He believed the new supernatural being was on the team, and he needed to figure out before it was too late.

     Daisy had no idea who the new werewolf could be, or why they would agree to be one in the first place. Scott did not know of any others on the team before that day, which meant the individual had to have received the bite in recent days. She watched as Stiles approached the coach for a few moments, before he moved back to the players' bench to sit next to his best friend.

     The blonde stood to her feet and discreetly maneuvered toward them. She did not want to be left out of the conversation. When Daisy appeared on Stiles left side, she caught the last bit of the boy's statement.

     "...switching with Danny for the day." He stated, secured his thick white gloves over his hands.

     Scott frowned. "But I hate playing goal."

     "Remember when I said I had an idea? This is the idea."

     "Oh."

     Stiles nodded. "There we go."

     They were quiet for a moment, until Scott's expression morphed into one of confusion. "What's the idea?"

     Both Daisy and Stiles deadpanned toward their best friend. The blonde released a huff. "He means get in the goal and knocked into everyone until you catch the scent."

     "I seriously don't understand how you survive without us sometimes." Stiles quipped, before coach blew his whistle to begin practice.

     Daisy kept her seat next to Stiles and watched many of the other players rush onto the field. Scott took his position in the large goal at the end, while the rest of the boys lined up in front of him. They were meant to rush toward the werewolf with the intention of scoring, but Scott was not going to let that happen.

     When everyone was in place, the coach blew his whistle and tossed one of the small lacrosse ball to the first boy in line. He caught it with ease and rushed toward Scott. The werewolf did not stay in goal long, as he ran at the guy and confused him enough that tacking him to the ground was too easy. Daisy cringed when she saw Scott leaned down and sniff the other boy's jersey before he helped him to his feet.