CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

[ 2

[ 2.12 | MASTERPLAN ]

     DAISY SAT ON A bench in the boys' locker room after Jackson had been taken away from the field. When the paramedics arrived, they immediately pronounced him dead. But that had just been the icing on a very shitty cake. Stiles had gone missing. No one could find him anywhere, along with Gerard Argent. Daisy worried that the man had followed through with his threat and took the Stilinski boy. She knew that if he did, something bad would happen to her best friend.

     Isaac remained next to her the entire time. He kept a hold on her hand from the time they stood on the lacrosse field to when they moved into the school building. He had no idea what she must be going through with Stiles missing, but he could do everything in his power to make sure he came home in one piece.

     "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson." Sheriff Stilinski voiced to the three teenagers. "I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means –the hell, I don't know what that means." He glanced between his son's two best friends. "Um –look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him..."

     Daisy looked up from where her gaze had fallen to the dingy floor. "We'll call you, Sheriff. I promise." She told the man.

     The sheriff gave her a thankful nod, before Scott spoke. "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him."

     Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "Yeah. I'll see you guys, okay?" He then exited the room to do his job and to figure out where he son had disappeared to.

     Daisy dropped her head onto Isaac's shoulder when Coach Finstock approached Scott. The man stated that the McCall boy needed to get his grades up in order to continue being on the team, and that he did not hate the boys in his own special way. Daisy thought that the sentiment was sweet. She did not expect that from the coach.

    "Is that everyone?" Scott questioned when everyone else departed from the room, leaving the three teenagers alone.

     Isaac glanced around, careful of the girl's head that rest against him. "I think so."

     Scott turned toward the row of grew lockers in front of him and yanked one of the doors off its hinges. He tossed the broken door aside and sifted through the belongings inside. He pulled a sweat filled t-shirt and turned to his fellow werewolf.

     "You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac questioned when he noticed the article of clothing.

     "Yeah, we both are." Scott stated, pulling out a tennis shoe to toss to the blond boy.