CHAPTER SIXTEEN

[ 2

[ 2.1 | OMEGA ]

     TWO DAYS HAD passed since the events at the old Hale house. Peter and Kate were presumed dead by the sheriff's deputies that arrived on the scene well after the group of teenagers had fled the scene. Stiles's father declared the deceased woman as the arsonist that killed the entire Hale family, while also being charged with the various murders that happened throughout the town.

     Lydia remained in the hospital healing slowly from her run-in with the Alpha. The previous Alpha, now that Derek had claimed that position. She woke from her involuntary sleep completely stable and free of any side-effects. At least, everyone in the know thought that to be true.

     On second day, Lydia had been taking a shower when she screamed so loud and so blood curdling that everyone thought something had happened to her. And something did. The strawberry blonde jumped from the second story window of the hospital and disappeared into the cold Californian night. Completely naked.

     Daisy was stunned when Stiles informed her of the girl's sudden departure. The blonde had been visiting her mother at the time of the incident, but was oblivious to Lydia's internal struggle happening just a floor above her.

     Minutes after her friend had gone missing, Daisy sat in the backseat of Stiles's jeep with the intention of locating the girl. She and the two boys at her side believed Lydia was turning. Shifting into the form of a werewolf. The blonde was worried that they would not find her in time, that she would hurt someone before they had the chance to stop her. Daisy wrung her hands together atop her jegging covered knees, while Stiles handed a used hospital gown to Scott in the passenger seat.

     "This is the one she was just wearing?" Scott questioned and only gained a curt nod in return. The werewolf sighed at his best friend dejected demeanor. "I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again."

     Stiles turned away and began to shift the jeep into drive. "Alright, just shove the thing in your face and let's find her." He pressed on the gas to pull out of the hospital parking lot, until a dark haired figure appeared in their path. "Wow!"

     Daisy's attention snapped toward the front windshield when the vehicle jerked to a stop. In the bright beam of the headlights, the girl found a warmly dressed Allison frozen in place until she moved toward Stiles's lowered window.

     Scott's eyes widened tremendously at the sight of his girlfriend, more like his secret girlfriend. The reconciled couple had been caught by the girl's father midst a heavy make-out session in an abandoned field on the outskirts of town. Chris threatened to kill Scott and held him at gunpoint until Allison pleaded with the man and promised that she would never see the boy again if he let him go. Reluctantly, her father obliged. The incident prompted the love stricken teenagers to sneak behind the hunter's back and continue on with their lives.