CHAPTER SIX

[ 1

[ 1.3 | PACK MENTALITY ]

     LAUGHING AT SCOTT'S self-pitying misery about his now group date with Allison was one of the best moments in Daisy's day. The Fulton girl could not wipe the amused expression from her face, as she follows after the two boys leaving their last class.

     Stiles stomps down the steep stairs leading to the first floor of the school voicing his growing opinions to their shaggy haired friend. "You're a terrible bowler."

     "I know!" Scott exclaims shaking his head. "I'm such an idiot."

     Daisy laughs lightly gaining a heated glare from her best friend. "You really are, not gonna lie."

     "God, it was like watching a car wreck." Stiles adds dropping to landing on the first floor. "I mean, first it turned into the whole group date thing. And then out of nowhere comes that phrase."

     "Hang out." Scott and Daisy say simultaneously in varying tones.

     "You don't hang out with hot girls, okay? It's like death." The Stilinski boy states gesturing wildly with his hands. "Once it's hanging out, you might as well be her gay best friend. You and Danny can start hanging out."

     The Fulton girl frowns turning to face her spastic best friend. "The two of you hang out with me. Are you saying I'm not hot?"

     "How is this happening? I either killed a guy or I didn't." Scott voices ignoring the two at his side.

     Stiles scoffs half-heartedly. "Please. You already hang out with Lydia, when it's convenient for her anyway. I think that's answer enough, because I'm not telling my best friend she's hot." Daisy rolls her eyes, while he changes the subject. "Anyway, I don't think Danny likes me very much."

     "I ask Allison on a date, and now we're hanging out." Scott continues, although no one is listening.

     "Danny doesn't like you." The blonde states pulling out her phone to read a text from her mother, asking if she would be kind enough to bring her dinner to the hospital later that evening.

     "Am I not attractive to gay guys?" Stiles inquires continuing down the hallway toward the school's exit.

     "I make first line, and the team captain wants to destroy me, and now..." Scott groans staring at the lit screen of his phone he pulled from his jean pocket. "Now I'm gonna be late for work." He kicks off rushing through the double doors of the building.

     Stiles steps after him, before stopping in the center of the hallway. "Wait, Scott, you didn't –am I attractive to gay guys –you didn't answer my question." The spastic boy whirls around causing Daisy to stare at him wide eyed. "Do you think I'm attractive to gay guys?"