CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

[ 2

2.10 | FURY ]

     AFTER THE SHOCKING revelation about who actually controlled the kanima, Daisy and her best friends fled Lydia's home to try to stop Matt before he could kill anyone else. They went to the first person they could think of to help.

     The three friends stood in the living room of the Stilinski home with the sheriff in front of them. Stiles relayed what they had learned about Matt being the one who killed everyone from his first murder, Isaac's father, minus the bit about kanimas and werewolves.

     Daisy knew that it would be hard for the man to believe. They had no proof or a cause, and the sheriff could not just go around arresting teenagers. But they had to do something. Matt would kill again if they did not stop him.

     "So this kid's the real killer?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned his son.

     Stiles nodded. "Yeah."

     "No."

     "Yes!"

     "No."

     Stiles groaned in frustration. "Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

     "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris's class." The sheriff stated.

     Stiles released a long breath. "Alright, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" He questioned.

     "No –you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't mean anything." The man said.

     "H..."

     Sheriff Stilinski interrupted his son and turned to the boy's friends next to him. "Scott, Daisy, do you believe this?" He asked them.

     Daisy had no idea what to say to her friend's father. How could she convince him that Matt killed several people?

     Stiles scoffed when his father asked his friends instead of him. "Oh."

     "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us." Scott exclaimed. "We know it's Matt."

     Daisy nodded from his side. "It's true, Sheriff. Matt is the one killing people."

     "Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay?" Stiles continued to try and convince the man. "Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him."