Chapter 23. Confusing information boggles the mind.

~Mila~

I walked back into the library with the stains of Sandy’s blood still on me.

When I had overpowered Sandy I grabbed silver cuffs from one of the enforcers and placed them on her so she wouldn’t be able to mindlink anyone. After that I asked my father to bandage the wound and make sure it stayed on after that I asked him to check out what the substance in that syringe was and get back to me on that.

Two of the enforcers that had ran in when the commotion started I posted two by Melany’s door with strict instructions not to let anyone in but family and I had instructed Haley to keep a close eye on anyone who might enter and ask around about Sandy’s detainment.

After that I went to the dungeon with the last enforcer who dragged Sandy with him. She was sniveling and had tears in her eyes. She screamed and cried the entire trip to the dungeon and didn’t stop when she was placed into a patted holding cell. It was truly pathetic.

When I walked in the room and explained all the terrible things I wanted to do to her she was really quick to spill the beans on everything she knew and that was a whole lot more than the rogues who had been mere pawns after her short story her treason was obvious because of her anxiety she also told me about other wolves who had shifted allegiance and were now helping Dante Greers to take over.  

After I left the cell I instructed the guard not to tell anyone she was down here.

When I walked in Asher looked at me with a shocked face. I had mindlinked him during the interrogation to get his input and to make sure we had all the necessary information.

He was shocked that Sandy would conspire with an unknown enemy and I could feel his anxiety level rising when Liam suggested he open up his alpha power to be able to hear everyone’s thoughts, something that hasn’t been done within the pack since the previous war.

‘Have we heard anything from your father?’ I asked him.

He shook his head. ‘Last thing I heard was that my mother had contacted him when Melany got attacked and he was on his way home. That has been hours ago. If anything happened to him my mother would be able to sense it because of their mate bond.’

He looked at Liam. ‘You have sent enforcers to capture the ones Sandy said were conspiring with her?’

He nodded but then said. ‘How will be know for sure she was telling the truth?’

Asher sighed. ‘I will have to use my powers on them.’  

Someone knocked on the door and in came the omega Dawn holding a tray with sandwiches and drinks. ‘I figured you must be in need of some refreshments.’ She smiled timidly and I smiled back at her. ‘Thank you Dawn, that’s very considerate of you.’

She placed the tray on the table and bowed respectfully before leaving us again.

Quinn examined the tray and clearly found nothing suspicious. She grabbed a sandwich and shoved it in her mouth.

‘Clearly you were too busy training to be a fighter then to learn a bit of etiquette. You eat like a pig.’ I teased and immediately her eyes shot daggers at me.

Asher explained to me what they had discussed so far, it wasn’t much but finally knowing a name that had powerful connections made things more clear and easier to put into perspective.

Liam scratched his chin. ‘If Dante Greers is involved I’m positive that Marcus Grey is in on it as well, those packs have always had an alliance with one another.’