chapter 13: Drunken desire

"You know drinking that shit won't help, right?"

Ivan sighed as he sat down beside Yulia, who just glared.

"Shut it old man. Anya is a fucking cunt....and doesn't she think that I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for you?"

Yulia stated, earning a sigh.

"I still want to put my foot up that man's ass for doing that to you."

Ivan commented, earning a sigh.

"Where's Lena?"

this surprised Ivan to no end, though a half drunken Yulia around guns or knives was not a good idea.

"Here's the deal, you put the vodka up and I'll go get her. Last thing I need is two depressed teenagers getting drunk."

"Not depressed."

Yulia slurred, earning a smirk.

"And I guess you're not drunk either."

He retorted before taking the bottle and heading out of the room.

"Wow, these goggles really do act better than a scope. How the hell do you make these things?"

Lena stated, earning a smirk from Pari.

"I have a lot of time on my hands besides I have attention deficient  hyperactive disorder. I have to do something to keep my brain and hands occupied."

"Lena, Yulia is asking for you. Word of warning....She's as drunk as a sailor."

Ivan called from the doorway before adding with a grin

"A before you go...can you please convince Katya that there is no such thing as werewolves? She found Anya's horror film collection."

Lena groaned and handed the goggles back to Pari who just shook their head.

"keep them. If you want to protect yourself and your sister they could come in handy."

Lena wasn't sure what she expected when she walked into the room that had Yulia's name hanging on the door in graffiti lettering but a room full of not only band posters but also a small shelf full of beanie babies wasn't it.

Yulia was laying sprawled out on her bed, eyes closed, though when Lena walked in she glanced up.

"Were where you?" She asked, speech heavily slurred.

"In the shooting range area with Pari. What the hell happened to you?"

Lena responded, hearing Yulia giggle slightly

"nothing."

Lena rolled her eyes as she made her way over to the bed.

"You know Anya is full of shit."

Lena stated earning a sigh.

"Ivan says so too."

They sat in silence for a while, before Yulia asked

"So you are learning to shoot? Why? We can take care of you and Katya just fine."

Lena sighed then as she lay back onto the bed beside of her.

"I'll put it this way....I don't want to be a damsel in destress."

Yulia nodded and turned toward her then, smiling slightly

"Yeah, I understand."

They sat in silence for a while, Yulia staring up at the ceiling when she suddenly said

"You know you're really pretty."

Lena felt her face grow hot at that.

"I am not."

Yulia turned to face her then.

"You are. You are really pretty. Whoever told you you're not is a fucking lair."

"Go to sleep Yulia, you're drunk."

That night Yulia awoke to a bad taste in her mouth and a pounding head, though what caught her off guard was the fact that Lena was laying beside of her.

"Damn....I hope I didn't​ do anything weird."

She muttered as she got up and stumbled to the bathroom, rinsing her mouth with mouthwash before grabbing a bottle of painkillers from the cabinet.

note to self, next time you want to get wasted....Take it slow and don't drink Vodka straight.

She thought as she walked back toward the bed.

She paused when she saw how peaceful Lena looked.

This is the first time she has slept soundly since she's been here. What the hell?

She wondered before remembering the dream that had woken her up.

Oh damn....Please tell me I am not starting to crush on my damned ward.

She wondered.

Sinking slowly back onto the bed Yulia allowed herself to contemplate this for some time before she finally sighed.

"Fuck it...If I am I am."

She thought as she glanced down at Lena's sleeping form, slowly lowering herself until their lips barely brushed against each other.

Pulling away Yulia tried to ignore the fluttering jolt her stomach gave at that and sighed.

"fucking shit."