chapter 20: Secret Project

"so we have a sick little brat who finally passed out and your parents are coming over. How can this get any worse?"

Yulia groaned, earning a half hearted glare from Lena.

"It won't be that bad. I promise."

Yulia sighed and fell backward onto the bed.

"It will be okay she says, they won't over react she says, yeah right."

She retorted, only to earn a pillow in the face from Lena.

"oh shut up."

Yulia laughed as she tossed the pillow back at Lena, who dodged.

"So did you tell them over the phone that you started dating or waiting till they get here?"

Yulia asked, earning an eye roll.

"I told them and they want to meet you officially."

Yulia groaned again.

"Just shoot me and put me out of my misery."

Lena rolled her eyes at that.

"Yuls, you'll be fine. Relax will you? It'll be alright, besides my mother will adore you."

Yulia just glared over at her.

"oh really? I doubt that. sorry but I'm not some prissy rich girl like you and Katya."

Lena scoffed at that.

"prissy? Seriously? You say that miss afraid of a spider that's walking across the floor?"

Yulia blushed at that before turning her back toward Lena

"oh shut up."

The sound of Lena's laughter was all she was met with.

"You'll see. My parents will adore you. Now what was it you was going to show me?"

said Lena after a few minutes, prompting Yulia to sit up.

"Crap! I forgot I was going to show you! Come on before Katya wakes up....I doubt she could keep her big mouth shut."

Yulia stated, taking Lena's hand.

The elevator ride was long and slow, making Lena feel a little bit claustrophobic.

"Are you afraid of heights?"

Yulia asked, earning a confused look.

"But we're going down?"

Yulia just smirked.

"Oh you'll see."

Lena's eyes widened as she saw the large plane, though it was more like an space ship.

"It's a prototype we're testing out but it can deliver agents from here to point be in a matter of minutes. Come on, Ivan gave us clearance for a short flight."

Lena wasn't so sure

"Are you sure you know how to drive this thing?"

She a\questioned, earning a laugh.

"Lena, Pari and Damen made most of the tech inside this thing. I was hearing about how it would fly way before I even was trained to fly it. Besides, I'm not so stupid that I'd try to get you to ride with me in something that I had no idea how to work."

"Wow....So my Dad had the idea for this thing?"

Lena asked as she looked down at the city, the vehicles merely glistening spots in the sunlight.

"Yeah. This is the plans that another group wants to get their hands on. They could make huge money by selling the plans of something like this to another country."

Yulia replied before flipping a switch before pressing the button down on the radio.

"Ivan, we're going to do a once over near the sea and back. That okay?"

"Go ahead, just don't cause a sonic boom....Pretty sure Lena would kill you once she get over the head rush and stopped feeling motion sick."

His voice retorted over the speaker.

"No worries....I don't feel like making her sick when I am stuck meeting her parents today."