chapter 29: school

"you know they'll make a big deal right?"

Yulia questioned, earning a look from Lena.

"So?"

Yulia sighed as she tightened her grip on Lena's hand.

"Alright. But I swear if one of the three little bastards say something about us I'm punching them in the throat."

Lena just rolled her eyes.

"Yuli, I want a girlfriend not a guard dog. I can handle a bunch of teenaged drama kings."

they both could here some of the students whispering but that was easy to ignore.

"What's a little alley rat doing with a governor's daughter?"

One boy called and Lena could see the hurt in Yulia's eyes.

Tightening her grip on Yulia's hand Lena turned toward him and retorted

"Shut the hell up. As if anyone would date your smelly ass!"

The whole hallway erupted in laughter and even Yulia cracked a smile.

"You know your Mom's gonna flip when she hears about you cussing at him."

She muttered, earning a smirk from Lena.

"It's easier to  ask for forgiveness than for permission."

It was raining when school released, causing Yulia to groan though she removed her own jacket, handing it to Lena.

"here...You're not use to the cold or wet....I am. Let's just hurry back....I'm starving."

Yulia's voice was cold, aloof even though Lena knew this was just an act brought on by both the stress of the day and the fact that everyone was staring.

"Yulia...."

She began, earning a look.

"I'm fine Lenok. Besides, you left your jacket home like a big dummy."

The teasing earned the brunette a light jab to the ribs.

"Not my fault the weather man doesn't know how to read the radar!"

Yulia laughed then, glancing over at everyone who was gawking at them, taking Lena's hand into hers.

"May I?"

She whispered, earning a small nod.

and like that they kissed for the second time, in front of the whole school.

People erupted into whispers and gasps, though the young couple just continued on their way to their car.