chapter 25: Unconditional

"When you broke up with me and told me to leave you the hell alone I figured I'd just end the whole mess and go home! You should have let me finish what I started!" Lena yelled, her eyes reflecting the storm that she felt in her heart as she struggled not to cry in front of the other girl.

"and let you do what? Live with even more guilt? Lena, you are a angel compared to me. I couldn't let you pull the trigger because you would never forgive yourself. I may have broken up with you but I damn well still love you enough not to want you to feel that kind of pain."

Yulia responded, feeling her own eyes sting with tears.

"Then why did you break up with me if you still felt that strongly?"

Lena demanded, the tears she had been holding back beginning to fall.

"Because I'm not good for you! You need someone who knows what love is Lena....Who believes in unconditional love. I could never love you as much as someone who isn't completely fucked up."

Yulia responded, choking up as she spoke.

"Who said we'd take it slow? Who was patient and kind when I would wake up night after night with nightmares and panic attacks? You did all of that Yulia without ever complaining or blaming me. Do you know how many people out there would be so understanding?"

Lena questioned, almost sobbing now.

"Love isn't suppose to be easy but it is everything."

She added after a few minutes.

Yulia hated seeing Lena this upset, the sight of the girl, she had grew to care about so distraught broke her heart.

"I'm sorry Lena. I....I just didn't want either you or I to get hurt. Guess I fucked that up."

With that Yulia stood, turning away from Lena so the other girl couldn't see her tears, however a hand caught her's, keeping her from walking away.

"Let's give it another try Yulia. Let me prove to,you that there is unconditional love in this world."