chaptr 14: Strange

"Why is Yulia acting weird?"

Katya asked, earning a shrug from Lena who was busy trying to remove the tie without untying it completely.

"You noticed too? She's been weird all day and I doubt it's a hangover."

Lena retorted with a sigh

"What's a hangover?"

Lena rolled her eyes at that.

"It's what happens when someone is dumb enough to drink too much alcohol."

Lena answered simply before adding

"Now scram while I get changed out of this monkey suit."

Yulia sighed as she sent another dagger toward the moving targets, though this time it missed and struck the wall.

"Yuls. I love you but what the hell is wrong? I know it's not what Anya said."

Pari stated, earning a glare.

"It's a big load of none of your business."

she quipped in response as she sent the other four knives in her hand found their target before stomping out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

"Well at least she hit the target this time."

Pari commented before returning to testing the prototype of a laser guided system installed on their pistol.

"Yulia, want to come to the park with me and Katya? She's hyper as hell."

Lena stated, earning a look from Yulia who then sighed and nodded.

"Fine with me. Get me away from Pari."

Yulia sat watching Lena twitch ever so slightly whenever someone came near Katya, who was playing on the swings. Glancing down at Lena she noticed the glimmer of a pistol concealed under Lena's jacket.

"Relax. No one's around but a bunch of slutty teen girls and their equally hormone driven boyfriends. Unless you want to shoot someone for setting a shitty example."

Yulia commented, leaning back.

"Sorry, I'm paranoid."

Lena stated, earning a chuckle.

"it's fine. If I had been through what you had I'd be protective as hell too."

They sat in silence for some time before Yulia finally sighed and glanced over at the redhead.

"Jeez. I'm such a fucking idiot!"

She groaned as she leaned back, pinching the bridge of her nose as if to try to stave off a headache.

"why?"

Lena asked, causing her to sigh once more.

"Because I can't keep my damn heart away from what my head should deal with."

She admitted, leaning back and then asking

"Have you ever felt like an idiot for how you feel about something?"

Lena arched a brow.

"yeah, why?"

She responded

"because I am going completely crazy because I feel a way I shouldn't. At least not toward the person I feel that way toward."

Yulia blushed as she said the words, though what Lena said next made her nearly choke on plain air.

"Please tell me it's not Ivan."

Yulia felt her whole face grow hot at that and she glared toward a now giggling Lena.

"Ew no. Hell no.....that's just wrong on ten million different levels Lena!"