chapter 26: for the first time

Ever since she had been kicked out at thirteen Yulia had promised herself she would never cry again, yet here she was, standing outside in middle of the night, struggling not to cry.

How could Lena forgive that easily when Yulia couldn't even forgive herself?

She wondered as she watched the cars move past.

"Yulia?"

wiping quickly at her eyes she turned toward the voice to find Ivan standing there.

"You okay? Lena said you were really upset when you ran off."

Yulia managed a nod before responding, her voice trembling

"tell her I'm okay. I'll be back in soon....and.....Tell her I said yes, if she really wants to. She'll know what you mean."

Once she was alone again Yulia felt the stress and pain of the last few weeks build up.

Anya, the person she looked up to like a sister betrayed her.

her father, hired people to hurt her.

Her cousin and childhood best friend both took part in her father's plan.

She felt her eyes overflow as she remembered, the tears coursing down her face silently as she stared up at the stars, trying to find some will to force them back.

"Yulia?"

Lena's voice called to her softly, causing her to glance over her shoulder in the direction the sound came.

"You should be resting."

Yulia responded, only to feel arms wrap around her from behind a minute later.

"And you shouldn't​ be alone."

Yulia began to argue, though she stopped as she remembered the worried look, the warm and gentle touches and Lena's reassurance during the weeks she was in the hospital area.

Turning, The brunette wrapped her arms around Lena, the emotions she had held back for years boiling over until sobs wrecked her small frame.

"I've put you through hell."

She Said after a while, though Lena only responded

"So what? You've been through it too. These last few weeks have been hard on everyone."