chapter 36: Argument

Lena knew that she shouldn't be irritated with Yulia but as they drove away from the school she couldn't help herself. She had been living with Yulia for a week now and this was the first time since the Anya thing that they had argued.

"look, if you're pissed at me go ahead an yell. I know you could handle it but hearing him talk that way to you just set me off okay? I mean you've been here for three weeks now and yet Tom starts..."

Yulia was beyond angry, her grip tightening on the steering wheel as she spoke.

"I don't need protecting all the time, Yulia. You've started acting like I'm completely breakable when I'm not."

Lena responded, calming down slightly as she listened to Yulia's reasoning.

"I know that Lena. I know you're not. I saw you stand up to Anya.....I just.....I was afraid you'd be hurt okay? I don't trust him or his two little followers."

Yulia responded, nearly yelling as they pulled into the parking garage.

"I just...I've never felt this way about anyone before. I'm sorry if it seems like I've overprotective or something and I'm sorry I got you kicked out of that hellhole too."

Lena sighed as she watched Yulia get out of the car, leaning heavily against the side, arms crossed in front of her chest. Lena slowly followed, getting out and going over to her, finding her cheeks tinted pink and her eyes full of tears.

"Do you think I care about that? Yulia, When they all tried to fight you I was just as worried about you because you shoved me away when I tried to help." Lena stated, reaching up to stroke her girlfriend's cheek, right over a bruise she had gotten from the fight.

"We're a team, we're suppose to stick together. Even if you are a bad ass and can take on three at one time."

Yulia forced a smile then, glancing down.

"So this means you forgive me? Because I hate this....I hate fighting with you."

She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"There is nothing you could ever do that I wouldn't forgive you for, my love."