chapter 35: Goodbye?

Yulia knew it was selfish to want Lena to stay, though as she watched her pack what little belongings she had brought with her she couldn't help the tears that pushed at the back of her eyes.

"Is that everything?"

She asked, knowing Lena probably missed her own bed and room.

"Yeah. I wish I didn't have to go."

Lena replied, noticing how Yulia was avoiding eye contact.

"I wish you didn't have to either. But you have family away from here."

Yulia stated, motioning to the room before hugging Lena tightly.

"Promise to visit?"

She whispered, closing her eyes to fight the tears

"Every other weekend and I'll call every day."

Lena replied.

"I love you so much."

Yulia muttered, a few stray tears making their way down her face.

"I love you too Yulia, More than you probably realize."

Yulia couldn't keep from crying as she watched the car out of sight. She really hoped that their relationship could work despite being a whole town apart. That night she couldn't sleep. Around five o'clock that morning she got a text, saying only the address of a small restaurant that was near Yulia's location.

When Yulia got there she didn't see anything or anyone, only the sun that was rising between buildings. However then she felt someone touch her shoulder, prompting her to whirl around to see Lena standing there, a wide smile on her face.

Yulia wasn't sure what to say so she just let her actions do the talking. Pressing her lips against Lena's she wrapped her arms around the redhead who just laughed and spun her around.

"I couldn't sleep at all last night. I kept thinking of you and.....Do you think Ivan would let me stay?"

Lena said after they finally broke apart.

"He damn well better. I thought I lost you forever."

Yulia responded, sniffling

"Never. they couldn't stop me if they wanted to."