Chapter 45: A new start (finish)

Lena rolled her eyes as Yulia rushed to help her out of the car.

"yuls, I think I can open a car door. The doctor just said not to lift anything heavier than five pounds."

Lena admonished despite the fact that she was smiling.

"I know I know but I just worry okay? I thought I had lost you."

Yulia responded, wrapping her arm around Lena's waist though the redhead just sent her a look.

"No, you blame yourself for what happened despite it being Anya's fault."

Lena quipped, bending down to kiss Yulia on the cheek before adding

"thank you. You've been so patient with both me and Katya. Having a grumpy girlfriend and an hyperactive 9 year old hanging around."

Yulia laughed aloud at that, turning toward Lena and pulling her closer.

"I wouldn't change this for the world. Even if your sister is demanding that I take her ice skating for her birthday next week."

Lena laughed aloud at that as she leaned down to kiss her.

"You'll be fine. It'll give me time to get the cake and pick up the presents we got her."

Yulia managed a nod as she pulled away.

"Yeah, Plus Ivan and Peri wants to put up decorations. You'd swear with how Ivan acts he'd get married and have a kid by now."

Much later that night Yulia was sitting on the bed she shared with Lena, waiting for the later to come to bed. She was content for once in her life because for once she felt as though she actually had a family. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't realize that Lena had came to bed until she felt a pair of lips press against her collar bone.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Lena asked from practically on top of Yulia who glared up at her.

"I was just thinking...How all of us seem like a family. I never felt like I had one until now."

Yulia responded, grinning a bit as she carefully rolled Lena off her.

"And what are you trying to prove? I thought you wanted to take it slow!"

Yulia commented, earning a scoff from Lena.

"Yulia it's been months since we got together. I think we've waited long enough."

Lena retorted, capturing the brunette's mouth with hers.

"What if Katya walks in?"

Yulia asked as they parted to catch their breath.

"I locked the door and before you say anything about my shoulder, I don't need that arm tonight."