Bad Dream

>Writing Prompt #23<

*dream*

I seemed to be at my old high school, wandering the halls, I wandered upstairs into science class where me and Mark did all class projects together sat together on one islands in the back of the room. I smiled, seeing a flashback of us laughing and working together.

*SCREAM*

I jumped, my heart is pounding. "Hello?"
"Y/N HELP ME!!" The screaming echoed through the classroom and hallways. I ran out into the hall. "HELP!" The voice sounded extremely familiar. Until it clicked into my brain, it was Mark. "MARK? Where are you?!" I screamed. I could hear his agonizing screams, it made my heart ache.

"Mark! I can't help you unless you tell me where you are!!" I ran down to the first floor, running down the halls glancing at every classroom. I ran into the basement door. "Y/N HELP!!" It was definitely coming from the basement. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, my hands were shaking extremely, I dropped my phone, the screen cracked, "fuck." I clicked the flashlight icon, and started walking downstairs to the basement.

"Mark?" This basement was huge, surprisingly for a school. Another agonizing scream came from Mark. Tears brimmed at my eyes, "Mark where are you!" I came upon a room with the light on, door slight creaked open. I pushed open the door, walked in. The door slammed behind me, I jumped, I turned the doorknob for it to come off, I dropped the doorknob. I banged on the door, screaming. I'm terrified.

"Hello dollface" a deep voice spoke behind me. I jumped, turned around. There he was, the one that absolutely terrified me, the one who always keeps me up at night. Darkiplier. He was covered in blood, "w-who's b-blood is t-that?" I was terrified. Don't be Mark's. Please. Don't be Mark's. He stepped aside, and there was Mark, dead. Covered in cuts and bruises. Blood dripping from table, I dropped to my knees, and cried out a scream. I kept screaming. The love of my life is dead, and it was all Dark's fault.

"Y/n. Y/n. Wake up. Please wake up." I heard a small echo. I shot up in a panting sweaty mess. Tears were still streaming down my face, I gasped looking for Mark, to see him right beside me, holding my hand.

I let out a gasp and grabbed Mark. He petted my hair. "Oh my god, Y/N you scared the living crap out of me. You wouldn't stop screaming in your sleep. I tried waking up for 10 minutes to wake up. But you just kept screaming and sobbing. What happened?" I was hiccuping and tried to regulate my breathing. It was very short and fast. Soon I regulated it.

"I-i was in our high school wandering around until I heard a man screaming for help and my name. Until I caught the voice, it was you.. I panicked running all over the school looking for you. You were in the basement, I found a room with the lights on and door creaked open, I walked in, t-the door slammed close. The doorknob came off, I panicked, then a voice spoke behind me.. It was Dark.. He killed you! You were all cut up and blood was everywhere. I was terrified to see your dead body in front of me.."

New tears came in my eyes, and I cried again. "Shh, it was a bad dream. Just a bad dream. None of it was real."
He rocked me back forth, petting my head, whispering sweet nothing in my ear, until I fell asleep once again. This time no nightmare. Just a dreamless sleep which I was thankful for.

---
I liked this one. Hope you guys do too.