Chapter 2 Alter

It was the early stages of Regina's curse. For the most part she was pleased with her work. David was completely unaware that he had anything to do with Mary Margaret, and without his heart, he certainly wouldn't be pulled towards her, so far. He kept busy as the Sheriff and Regina knew if necessary she could control him, with his heart, that she kept safely in her office desk. 

Killian, however, once Captain Hook, was different with this curse. Regina figured she would be able to win him over, and at least start a new relationship with him. As his fairy tale self, he had years and years of revenge and regret in his heart. Much like Regina, he shared the same pain, and fought against the same darkness that she did. 

While Regina was encouraged to use her magic for dark, by Rumplestiltskin, Killian festered for centuries with angst and anguish over trying to destroy that man. Regina had Rumple in the town, but without magic, and by the name of Gold. His alternate personality however was still quite snake like, as Regina would describe. 

Killian, however, was similar to David without his heart. He was closed off to most emotions, and didn't want to really form meaningful relationships, especially with women. He was good friends with David quickly, and Regina figured, she could use David's heart at some point to get close to Killian. She was not completely sure how she would do that. 

She decided to try her own magic to get close to Killian, without actually having Magic, she would use her own grace and charm to get close to him. In this land without magic, she would have to delve deep into herself, and get some feelings surfaced, if she wanted Killian to do the same. 

Regina strikes a fear with many of the townspeople, which is what she intended as well, especially Mary Margaret and her troll of dwarves, that Regina despised. Walking through the town, she headed towards Killian's pub. She tousled her hair once more before entering. As she does, it's almost like the enchanted forest all over again, the crowd is silenced. 

"What? The Mayor can't drink?" She snaps at them, and  they attend back to their conversations. She shuffles her way towards the bar where Killian stands, in a blue shirt, with a black vest, "Madam Mayor, to what do I owe the pleasure," He smiles softly, still retaining his subtle charm like the other world. 

"Been a long day," Regina states, Killian begins to take out a bottle of rum, "I don't do rum," she shakes her head, "Ah, you do seem a bit more refined, white wine?" he offers. "Fine," She nods. "Killian," a brunette woman shuffles to the bar, "they need drinks," she says. She's dressed in a fitted black dress, Regina stares at her, and realizes it's Belle. "And you are?" Regina asks, "Lacey, hello Madam Mayor," she smiles softly at her. 

"Well, you definitely are different," Regina says, looking her up and down, and remembering the coy shy princess she is in the other world. Killian flashes a grin as he hands the tray to her, Regina doesn't like how he's looking at her. She scowls, as she walked away, "Alright there?" Killian notices, Regina snaps back to look at him, clinching her fists somewhat, aggravated by Belle again in this world. She remembers that the girl worked for Rumple in the fairy tale realm, hence why she originally met her to begin with. 

She pondered her thoughts, thinking how many things she should have changed about this curse, she would have rather locked up Belle, she certainly didn't need her skimpily dressed, walking around Killian. "Madam Mayor?" Killian interrupts Regina's livid thoughts, "Oh," she shakes her head and looks at him. 

She remembers the way his eyes would sparkle, whenever he spoke to her, the way his head would tilt a certain direction, when he was flirting. Here, he was so different, looks were the same, but something about his eyes didn't sparkle the same. She felt herself becoming discouraged already, even after a week in her own curse. 

Rumple had warned her that all magic came with a price, but her goal was to get her happy ending, no matter what. She killed her own father to enable this curse, and she wasn't about to lose the man she had started to feel for, as well. 

Killian enjoyed being alone, and parts of his personality of his Pirate self were retained. His joy for rum at least. He was a lot softer, as this version of himself, which Regina wouldn't mind, but his obvious aversion to relationships was something she didn't really expect or want. As Captain Hook, he would brag and be cocky about any woman that caught his eye, as this Storybrooke version, he was more shy and reserved, still confident, but there were things missing. To Regina, she still saw the man from the Sea and the Enchanted Forest, and the man she wanted. 

The next day 

Regina goes to the sheriff station, "Ah, what can I do for you?" David asks, fairly emotionless, "I need you to hang up something in my office," Regina said, with a grin, "Ohhh.. K?" David asks, "It's just a mirror, I want it hung this afternoon," Regina said. "I see, can't you ask Leroy?" David asks, "I don't want that little Dw-- man.... I'm asking you, I would ask Killian, but he has one hand," Regina said. "Ah, Ok," David nods. 

Regina walks outside, and notices in the distance, Killian and Lacey (Belle) walking towards the pub. She clenches her fists again, just seeing her remotely next to the man she wishes to be with. The pair is just friendly, and walking to work, but it still has an infuriating effect on Regina. Given Killian's closed off personality, she doesn't expect anything to happen between the pair, but she wasn't going to take any chances.