Chapter 14 : "Things From Our Past - Faith (Part-1)"

Hello people 😍😍

This chapter is not the continuation of the tour. It's a view into Faith's past. It's the part one. I'll post the part two in next update. 'Cause the chapter will become too long for you people to read. 😅

Here's the Chapter 14. Enjoy people ❤❤❤

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1- Faith:

It was slightly raining in New York. The city was shining with lights. New York was beautiful at night. The weather was somehow pleasant.

John McCarthy, a 28 year old deputy officer was patroling in the city. He passed by an alley. He thought that he heard something. He stopped his car to listen carefully. Someone was crying.

'A baby?' He thought. He quickly got out of his car with a flashlight. He entered the alley and started following the voice. The voice was coming from a dumpster. He opened it. Bad smell of garbage entered his nostrils. That made him a little nauseous. But he looked inside. A new born was lying in a basket in that dumpster.

'Poor guy.' He thought as he got the baby out of the dumpster. The baby was wrapped in a blanket. There was no note or anything like that on the baby. He took the basket and put it in the back seat. He drove it to a hospital. The baby was still crying.

In just minutes he reached the hospital. He went to the reception where two nurses were standing. A doctor noticed the crying baby in his hands and she ran towards him

"Officer McCarty?" She said.

"Doc... I found this baby in a dumpster." He said and handed the basket to her. She took the baby and went to the nursery.

After half an hour the doctor returned.

"Officer McCarthy? You're still here." She said as she walked to him. He was sitting on a chair. He stood up as she came up to him.

"Well.. I couldn't leave the baby." He said with a smile.

"Well the baby is a girl. She's barely one day older." She sighed. "I can't believe her parents left her in a dumpster like garbage." She looked up at John. "You saved her life by bringing her here in time... There's one more thing." She said with a serious expression on her face. "The baby is weaker than other babies. Her reports should come in a few minutes."

He nodded.

"So you're gonna stay here?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well..... I was thinking... I could stay until her reports come." He said hesitantly.

She smiled. "Fine.... do you wanna see her?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said with a bright smile.

She took him to the nursery. He was allowed to see the babies from outside the glass. John noticed that every baby's crib had a tag on which their namse was written except for one crib. It was the baby that he had found. She was peacefully sleeping in there.

"She doesn't have a tag." He said.

"Well... she doesn't have a name." She explained. Then she looked at John her eyes were shining brightly. "Why don't you give her one?" She said.

"What?.." He said with surprise. "Am I allowed to do that?"

"Yeah sure." She said with a bright smile. "So what name are you going to give?"