Chapter 32 : "Because I Love You."

Faith slowly opened her eyes in the dim lighted room. She looked around and saw John was sitting near her bed. She recognized the place. It was a hospital. John smiled at her.

"What happened?" Faith asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"You passed out." He said.

"What?"

"You over worked yourself, kiddo. You do know your body is already weak." He said strictly.

Faith laughed. "I think I'm gonna pass out again." She joked. And John gave her a pointed look.

"Don't joke around young lady." he said seriously. "Do you even know how worried we were? Liam hasn't rest for a single single second ever since we got to the hospital."

"Where is he now?"  She asked worriedly.

"He just went to see the doctor. He'll be here." She assured her.

Faith nodded. She remembered her last conversation with him. She knew he must have many questions on his mind right now.

They heard a knock on the door and they both looked towards the door.

"If you guys are done talking. I need to talk to her, John." Liam was standing there with his arms crossed to his chest.

John looked at her and smiled. Then he walked out of the room. Liam closed the door and walked towards her.

"How are you feeling?" He said sitting on the chair.

"Better. I guess." Faith said shyly.

"Good." He smiled.

There was an uncomfortable silence between them for some time until Faith broke the silence.

"Liam, we need to talk." She said and he smiled sadly.

"John told me everything." He said leaning forwad in his chair with both of his elbows resting on the chair's arms. And his hands were covering his mouth. There was a pause. Then he sighed. "What were you thinking, Faith?" He said.

"What?" She asked.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? And why am I the last one to know?" He almost snapped at her.

"Liam.... I'm sorry.. I just.." She said looking down at her fingers.

"Faith..." he sat beside her on the bed and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry... I'm just a little pissed." He said quietly as he caressed her back.

"At me?"

"Of course, at you." Liam replied as he planted a kiss on her head. "Did you think I'll run away?" He asked.

"No." She sobbed.

"Then why did you say you can't be with me?" He caressed her back to comfort her.

"Because... I knew.. I won't be able... to run away." She said in sobs.

"Why do you wanna run away, Faith?" He asked as he pulled away and faced her. Her face was drenched with tears. Liam wiped away her tears. He cupped her face with one hand and she leaned into the comfortness of his hand with her eyes closed. Tears left her eyes and he again wiped them away.

"Idiot." He slightly chuckled. "Look at me." He said and Faith opened her eyes. "I need you to talk to me... Now tell me why you wanted to run away?" He said politely.

"I... didn't want to hurt you." Her voice trembled a little.

"Hurt me?" He asked in confusion.

She nodded. "I didn't want to get more closer to you. Because I didn't want to see you get hurt when I... leave." She looked down at her hands.

"Faith.." he cupped her face with his hands to look directly into her eyes. "I won't let anything happen to you. Now you listen to me carefully... you won't die. I won't let it happen." His voice was firm.

Faith shook away his hands from her face. "That's impossible, Liam." She said looking away.

"It's not impossible." He said firmly.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Heart surgery." He answered.

Faith looked at him in surprise as he said that.

"I did some research there's a doctor. Dr. Julian Davis. All of his surgeries has been a success. I called him-"

"Stop. Liam." Faith said as she frowned at him. "How do you think I'm going to afford that?" She questioned him.

"You're not going to afford anything, Faith. I'll pay." He said.

"I don't need your "charity", Liam." She emphasized on the word charity.

He looked at her in surprise. "It's not charity, Faith." He stretched his hand to held hers but she pulled her hand away from him.

"Then why are you doing this?" She asked.

He sighed as he looked at her. "It's.... because I love you, Faith." He said softly. She looked a little taken aback from his sudden confession. He held her hand.

"I don't care how much I have to pay. I'm not losing you."

He held her face softly with his hand and planted a long but a gentle kiss on her lips. Then he pulled away from her and rested his forehead against hers.

"I love you." He whispered against her lips.

"I love you too." Faith said quietly as tears left her eyes once agian.

Liam smiled softly and wrapped his arms around her.

"You cry too much." He said as he kissed her head softly. And she let those tears out against his chest.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I know this chapter is short but I think it's better being short.

I know. I know. Their first kiss wasn't that great.  But then I'm not a very romantic person so I just didn't know how to write it. 😅

So what do you guys think of this chapter?

Point out any mistakes you find.

Don't just read support this story by:

💁Vote💁Comment💁Share💁

Thank you for reading. Love you all :") *_* ❤