Chapter 37 : "The Question I've Been Asking Myself."

Faith slowly opened her eyes as she felt the buzzing of her phone which was lying beside her pillow. Her eyes stung due to light of the phone screen as she picked it up. She saw Harry's number flashing on the screen. She accepted the call as she sat up on her new bed.

"Hey. What happened?" She asked eagerly.

"It all worked out." Harry slightly chuckled.

"How's Chloe?" She asked.

"She's giving her statement right now." He said.

"What about her fiancé?"

"He's not anymore her fiancé. And he's in police custody right now. He'll undergo trial soon." Harry explained then he sighed. "Thanks, Faith." He almost whispered. "If you hadn't talked me into this. I don't know what would've happened to her." He said.

"Did he hurt her?" Faith asked softly.

"Yeah." Harry's voice barely audible.

"How's she holding up?"

"A little shaked up but she's gonna be fine."

"She's mad at you?"

"Yeah a little."

"It's gonna be fine, Harry. She'll understand."

"Yeah she will." He smiled. "Well, sorry to disturb you at this hour but I just wanted to talk to you. Now go back to your lover boy." He teased.

Faith looked at the clock it was twelve o'clock. She smiled. "It's fine and anyways I was a little worried about you. Now I can go to sleep peacefully. And I'm not sleeping with Liam." She chuckled.

"Aww... man. And I was fangirling here." He chuckled.

"Aww, poor you." She laughed.

"Okay, sweetness. Go back to sleep now. I'll talk to you in the morning." He said.

"Bye."

"Bye." He said and hung up.

Faith looked around the room and sighed. She walked towards the window and slightly moved the curtain. She looked outside down at the city of lights. L.A. was shinnig brightly even at midnight. That was one of the perks of living on the Hollywood Hills. The whole city is visible from up there.

She never got time to explore the house. Since her sleep was gone now she thought about doing the exploring at the middle of the night. She carefully opened the door since Liam's room was next to hers, she didn't want to wake him up by making any sound. She took a step out of the room. She slowly walked on the gray tilled floor. The house was designed according to the modern age. She could see the architecture of the ceiling due to the dim lights in the ceiling which were lightning the floor. She paced around the floor.

There were two bedrooms, a master bathroom which opened to both bedrooms and a small kitchen on the first floor. The floor was decorated with different paintings on the wall and few sculptures.

Then she went downstairs. The ground floor had one living room, a bedroom with an attached bathroom , a huge open kitchen with an island and a drawing room. The drawing room had glassed doors which opened towards the pool at the back of the house. Like the first floor; the ground floor was also decorated with paintings and sculptures.

After strolling around for a while, she decided to go back upstairs. She stepped on one step but stopped when she heard piano. She was pretty shocked when she heard the sound of piano. She had strolled around but she hadn't found a piano or any music instruements. She followed the sound towards one corner of the living room. There was staircase leading towards a door. It was slightly opened. Faith hadn't seen it before because it was dark. She slowly went downstairs as it was dark. She slowly opened the black door and entered the room.