Chapter 43 : "Sometimes She Talks To Me."

"I don't know what happened, Faith." Louis sniffed as she wiped her tears.

"I woke up and Derek was there. He told me that they couldn't save you. That you were pre mature and they tried but..." Louis burst out into tears again as she covered her face.

Faith wiped her tears. "So all this time you thought I was dead." She said.

She nodded as she got a hold of herself and looked at Faith.

"I remember you came to meet me." She smiled.

Faith eyes widened in surprise.

"When I saw you that day, Faith. For a second I felt like as if you were mine." She slightly chuckled with tears in her eyes. "I wanted to hold you so bad. But then I remembered it wasn't possible. Because you weren't.." she stopped herself from talking.

"Maybe, I am not your daughter." Faith said bluntly.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Liam looked a little surprised by Faith's words.

"Faith.." he said.

"Liam, it can be a misunderstanding." Faith said as she looked at Liam. "John can be wrong about all of this. Maybe your daughter did die." Faith said looking at Louis.

"I don't think that's a mistake, Faith. I mean I look at you and I can tell that you're my daughter. You have my eyes." Louis said.

"Well you're not the only woman who has green eyes. I mean Liam's mom had green eyes. I think it's just a councidence we both have same eyes." Faith replied.

She was trying so hard to prove that Louis wasn't her mother. Maybe she didn't want it to be true.

"Your nose, your lips. Faith. You are my and Derek's daughter!" She exclaimed.

"Faith, can I talk to you in private?" Liam said as he stood up and looked down at Faith.

"Liam we can talk la-"

"Now." He said in a warning tone cutting her off.

Faith looked at him for a moment and then stood up. "Okay." She said.

"Excuse us for a minute, Louis." Liam said as he held Faith's wrist and took her outside.

When they were outside Faith fkared at Liam.

"What was that about?" Faith said.

"What are you doing?" Liam said completely ignoring her question.

"Answer me first." She said angrily.

"What are you doing?" Liam asked again.

"What?" Faith asked in annoyance.

"Why are you trying to convince her that you're not her daughter?" Liam said calmly.

"I'm not." she said crossing her arms on her chest.

"Faith, what is it?" He said softly. "Talk to me." He said holding her by her shoulders.

Faith looked into his eyes and sighed as she looked away.

"Liam." She said turning away from him.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm dead to her." She sobbed. "I have been dead to her for all these years." She wiped her tears. "I want it to stay the same." She said looking at him.