Chapter 5

|Sora's P.O.V.|

I took the thermometer out of my mouth. Great, I still had a fever. I hoped that I would be in school tomorrow. My fever was almost gone, but not quite. I didn't want to come back and find out that my best friend was dating my crush. Jihee wouldn't do that to me, but what if she had a crush on him too, and she just didn't tell me? Then what would I do?

It was around the time that school got out, so Jihee would probably call me soon and ask how I was. Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Yup, I was right. It was her.

"Yeoboseyo?" I asked as I answered.

"Hey, you okay? I wasn't sure if you wanted me to come over or not." Jihee replied.

"Ani, you don't have to do that." I replied.

"Why not? I usually do." Jihee asked.

"No, I don't want to get you sick." I said.

"I'll come over, something seems wrong." Jihee said.

"I said not to come over. I'm fine." I stated. I just didn't want her to come over, was that not a detailed enough explantation for her?

"...Okay then. See you tomorrow." Jihee said.

"Annyeong." I said before hanging up.

• • •

|Jihee's P.O.V.|

I walked into class, and saw that Taehyung, or V - whatever you wanted to call him, was already at his seat. I sat down, feeling a little down. Sora had seemed upset about something that morning when we walked to school, and yesterday when I called her to see how she was. I had no idea if she was mad at me, and she didn't mention what was making her feel a little off, so I can't help her.

"You okay?" I looked at Taehyung, and I guessed he noticed that I wasn't okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said.

"I can tell something's wrong." Taehyung said.

"Ani, there's nothing wrong." I replied.

"Whenever a girl says that she's fine, then something's definitely wrong. Just spill." He said. Wow, if Taehyung can take the time to notice that, then he definitely knows his stuff about girls.

"Okay... not like you would care, but my friend Sora seems really upset about something, but she hasn't told me. She would usually tell me, but she hasn't yet and it's super weird because she isn't acting like herself. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it's what someone else did, and I don't know what to do about it." I explained.

"I would just ask her about it, it would be a lot simpler than just waiting for her to tell you." Taehyung replied.

"But what if she doesn't tell me?" I asked.

"The elephant totally thinks that she'll tell you." Taehyung said.

"What elephant?" I asked in confusion.

"This." Taehyung said. He showed me two moles on his arm, and pinched the skin underneath. It actually looked like an elephant, surprisingly.

I laughed. "Okay, fine. I'll ask her." I said, right as the teacher walked into the classroom. 

• • •